FMF gnarly or FMF fatty

Hi

I want to order a new header pipe for my 2014 KTM 300 XC.

I had a FMF Gnarly on my 2013 XC-W and gave me even more bottom end. Has any body made use of a Fatty or is the Gnarly still the best

I do tech and open field riding.

I like the fatty.  It gives a more linear pull and seems to enhance the powerband everywhere.  The Gnarly is good but robs too much power up top.  IMO an optimal setup is a slavens head mod with the fatty

Agree with Andrew. The gnarly has two distinct characteristics. 1) it boosts bottom end torque which is desirable for the tight and technical rider. You pay for the increased bottom end in sacrificing top end. 2) the gnarly has increased strength over the others. Which again lends itself to tight and technical. These pipes are tough! NOT dent proof but they are much more durable than your average pipe.

The fatty is designed to provide increased power in the mid to top end range. If you go with this pipe you will most likely not notice much if any change. The stock pipe is designed from the fatty. The two are extremely close in design and power delivery. The stock pipe is made out of much thinner material however so your most notable benefit with the fatty will be a more durable pipe and a nicer longer lasting finish as well.

what pipe do you guys recommend for a 200 exc out of the fatty, sst or the gnarly

Easy ... decide where YOU ride ...

Are you a lugger ? ... Gnarly

Are you a screamer ?  Fatty

Its simply a matter of where you ride in the power band.  I lug, and do not scream my bike into the high RPM range (never) so the decision for me was easy. :thumbsup:

Edited by supervokes

I'd have to agree with the fact gnarly robs top end, the 300 already falls off on top so why make it even shorter.  The fatty runs out better and in my opinion makes the gear seem longer. 

where does the sst come in to it, is it the best of both worlds??

where does the sst come in to it, is it the best of both worlds??

NO the sst is made for topend pull only not low end

Hi

I want to order a new header pipe for my 2014 KTM 300 XC.

I had a FMF Gnarly on my 2013 XC-W and gave me even more bottom end. Has any body made use of a Fatty or is the Gnarly still the best

I do tech and open field riding.

can i throw another suggestion...

Ok so I have a pro circuit platium 2 pipe and 304 factory sound on mt 2013 250xcImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382268468.265523.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382268484.184500.jpg i rode my friends 250xc with a gnarly and power core 2 and i would say my pc added just as much bottom but not sacravising as much on top and the platuim 2 is heavy gage steel just like the gnarly so i highly the pc

what pipe do you guys recommend for a 200 exc out of the fatty, sst or the gnarly

I don think the fatty is available on the 200? The stock pipe is works well overall power wise, but it is more prone to dents compared to the gnarly

i cant find the fatty for the 200 exc, is the 03-04 200sx have the same exhaust??

if some one can help it would be great