Sign in to follow this  

2011 what year is it?

OK so I bought a 2011 crf250x brand new at a dealership. But now that I'm looking for aftermarket accessories I'm confused.

The years seem to skip from 09 to 12.. What am I missing. Is my bike an 09 but manufactured in 11 or is it a 12 manufactured in 2011?

And is the any major differences between 09 and 12?

I need to know which year so I can purchase the right goodies.

Thanks for any info on this matter.

AFAIK, there are no differences between the 09 and 2011 :thumbsup: .

They stopped making them in 2011 I think, could be wrong, may have been 09 or 2010.

OK so I bought a 2011 crf250x brand new at a dealership. But now that I'm looking for aftermarket accessories I'm confused.

The years seem to skip from 09 to 12.. What am I missing. Is my bike an 09 but manufactured in 11 or is it a 12 manufactured in 2011?

And is the any major differences between 09 and 12?

I need to know which year so I can purchase the right goodies.

Thanks for any info on this matter.

AFAIK 2009 is the latest "updated" model (mostly gas tank, engine)

and if its 2011, it's 2009 mod

Edited by a c t i v e X
  • Like 1

Due to inventories at the dealers Honda didn't import some models in 2010 and some models didn't come back until 2012.

This was not just to low numbers in the US, it was worldwide.    All the manufacturers did this.  Kawasaki put the Monster Energy graphics on some of their bikes to try and drum up sales with a so called "limited edition" bike.  Its just a 2008 with different graphics.  Both the 250X and 450X were just left overs that got rebranded before leaving the factory in Japan. 

Either way, if you have an 11, then most everything will still fit with earlier and later models.  Just be sure to check with the aftermarket manufacturers to be sure, then go on Ebay or someplace to get it at a better price.

• Like 1