Sign in to follow this  

Evap/ gas tank vent?

After removing the evap. system i noticed there is a high vacuum in the tank, had to fight the cap to get it off.

I just capped it off but figured it needed to be vented after reading the cap isn't.

Should i vent it to the air-box or would that be a bad idea? 

I would run a new line along a similar path of the evap canister breather line you removed. Vent it under the bike. I wouldn't vent to the air box. You don't want fuel and vapors in there IMO.

Edited by Red Rider-

Might not be a bad idea to put a little breather on there to keep debris out.  Maybe a small lawnmower fuel filter or something like that would suffice.

Any benefits on removing the evap system? Show us some pictures of the bike with it removed. Also, what exactly is involved in this mod?

i removed all the unnessecary items from my bike.  this included the evap can, PAIR system, and I reused the small diamiter hose to vent my gas tank along the same rout as the other two drain/vent hoses. a few rubber caps from the hardware store close the system. i have saved every bit of plastic and metal, every single nut , bolt and washer that i have removed from this bike that was not nessecary and so far it totals seven pounds.

• Like 5