What's this part

So I'm completely rebuilding my engine, I had it all apart and was powerwashing it along my girlfriends 1984 yz80 we're rebuilding, it started to rain on us and got real cold so we ran everything inside and unfortunately a few pieces got mixed up, I'm pretty sure I kept everything organized, and fixed everything that wasn't, but now that I'm reassembling my engine I have one last piece that I can't find a home for and he looks important, I'm about 99% sure it goes to my 600 cuz its way to big for her 80, it fits a couple spots on my tranny, but I can't figure out where, and I can't find it in the parts explosions, this is him, there is a groove on the inside, looks like it could be a spot for oil? But there'd no holes going through it

1381825349260.jpg

mmm..Strange one..All those bushings on the trans seem to have holes in them for oil. I'd be looking somewhere in the Clutch basket area though as Quint says it doesn't look like the actual bushing. I seem to recall some part always used to fall out of one of those clutch basket type areas if you didn't wire the lot together..Can't see a noticable match between any bits in the clutch fiche or manual pics but have a look at both the inner basket and the outer and see if it fits somewhere in there.,Though if it does go in there I dunno why it isn't in the fiche or any manual..

Vital to keep all those trans bits wired together so thrust washers don't fall off and cause confusion. There's no specs on thickness with them so if one gets mixed up and you don't know where it came from you have to order a new one to make sure it's the correct size..and they ain't cheap..Ditto clutch stuff..

Edited by Horri

Yall are the best, kind of embarressed I didn't think to check that though, and my girlfriends been busy with finals so I haven't had a chance to go over and check, after a couple hours I decided there was no way it could go in there, so I buttoned her up, feel a lot better about doin that now though