Sign in to follow this  

Dr Mark, how do I find a good Ortho

Dr Mark, the ortho that did my shoulder surgery two years ago apparently did a crap job.  Shoulder dislocated in May wakeboarding, dislocated at gym doing pull ups, dislocated last night in my sleep.  

I can't afford to come see you nor would my insurance cover it.  How do I find the right ortho this time so I don't a few grand having it messed up?  Any specific questions I should ask?  

Although I deal with it regularly, failed repair of shoulder instability is above the pay grade of most community orthopods.   Finding someone to do "designer" style work when limited to some insurance company's list of participating people is not easy.  Unfortunately, I can only suggest you consider traveling, going out of your plan, or get used to the problem.   This situation is becoming far more common, and will be the norm after Obamacare gets going.   BTW, who is your insurer?

Although I deal with it regularly, failed repair of shoulder instability is above the pay grade of most community orthopods.   Finding someone to do "designer" style work when limited to some insurance company's list of participating people is not easy.  Unfortunately, I can only suggest you consider traveling, going out of your plan, or get used to the problem.   This situation is becoming far more common, and will be the norm after Obamacare gets going.   BTW, who is your insurer?

My insurer is United.  Not sure what out of plan or cash based would cost but I would love to have it fixed right.  Scared to even jump the wake behind my boat now.  Scared of sleeping now! That s**t hurt like hell last night!

Email to me the front and back of your insurance card, your full name, date of birth and all you points of contact. I will give it my ladies, and we will see if I can help you.

My email is sandersclinic@comcast.net