Sign in to follow this  

Suggestions for smaller cut vented pants?

Ok, I'm bummed. I received my new Klim Moab pants (albeit last year's model) and the size 28 that was always kinda big but comfy is now downright forget-it baggy. I have no plans to get my ass to grow to fit them.

Any suggestions on good pants that have LOTS of venting? I might even have to go with an in-the-boot pant, if need be.

I don't need cute girl pants, I want tough pants that can fit (or have) lots of hip padding and space for knee pads.

Thanks for any ideas.

Carol

The Moose vented gear is nice, but it's in the boot.  Being small as well, it is hard for me to find pants and jerseys that fit.  I usually have to buy the women's lines and of course, nobody makes women's vented gear...because apparently we don't sweat.  I actually  have bought the kid Moose gear and it fits better than the men's.  Especially the jerseys, which are like nightgowns, even the small.

I have no idea if they would have what you are looking for, but Chaparral Motorsports has a huge inventory and they have women working those departments.

Well I'm not a girl nor very small but I've had good luck using downhill mountain bike stuff since it's huge where I live in BC.

I'm using RaceFace armour, a CamelBack and some sweet AlpineStar pant's all from a local shop.

Good luck and have a blast if your riding the Baja

PS: Also check out http://www.advrider.com/forums/  maybe in the Equipment topic. Well worth joining even just to kill sometime

Edited by filterx

Troy Lee has good vented gear. I like mine, I cut out the inner liner too.

Troy Lee has good vented gear. I like mine, I cut out the inner liner too.

You do have a girlish figure too. 

Troy Lee makes a vented line of women's clothing.  I have had very good luck with it.  The pants are in the boot, but they are very comfortable and both the pants and the jersey breath extremely well.  Vented gear can sometimes not hold up too well to trail riding because of the lighter materials used, but my troy lee kits have held up extremely well.  Jerseys come in small-x large and pants run from 3/4-11/12 so there is a pretty good fun of sizes as well.

The Moose vented gear is nice, but it's in the boot. Being small as well, it is hard for me to find pants and jerseys that fit. I usually have to buy the women's lines and of course, nobody makes women's vented gear...because apparently we don't sweat. I actually have bought the kid Moose gear and it fits better than the men's. Especially the jerseys, which are like nightgowns, even the small.

Yeah, I used to wear the Thor's boys stuff.

Seems like alot of the vented in the boot style are flashy motocross white. Yck. It's tough enough keeping stuff clean in Baja.

I threw in my old beaten up Klim Moab pants to wear this year. Venting over looks anyday, I hear it's hot right now.

Any chance you're down there in the next while? I'll be in La Ventana area up until Jan 6. Always nice to meet other girl riders.

Edited by lilGirl

Moose is absolutely the worst gear I have ever bought. Bought two pairs of Moose Sahara pants one lost the button first ride both are now ripped open from crotch to knee 2nd pair within about 3 or 4 rides. Had both pairs only since June this year. Stay away from that junk.

Ok, I'm bummed. I received my new Klim Moab pants (albeit last year's model) and the size 28 that was always kinda big but comfy is now downright forget-it baggy. I have no plans to get my ass to grow to fit them.

Any suggestions on good pants that have LOTS of venting? I might even have to go with an in-the-boot pant, if need be.

I don't need cute girl pants, I want tough pants that can fit (or have) lots of hip padding and space for knee pads.

Thanks for any ideas.

Carol

What about the next size smaller? Rocky Mountain MC has a guaranteed fit policy, so you could try a bunch of gear on and return the one's you don't like.

What about the next size smaller? Rocky Mountain MC has a guaranteed fit policy, so you could try a bunch of gear on and return the one's you don't like.

28 is the smallest size that Klim makes unless you go in to their Ladies gear, which doesn't interest me at all,definitely not the same quality of gear as the guys stuff.

The cut on the old 28 was slimmer through the hip so I could get away with wearing them but the new cuts and baggy exterior pockets make the 28 just huge now. I'd love to find a stash of the 2010/11 Moabs. Best pant I've ever had.

I'm flying down to Baja this year so no Chapparal stop to try on clothes.

Thanks for all the input. Do me a favour and write letters to Klim to do offer a size 26. There must be kids and ladies out their that want to wear Klim, or is it just not flashy enough for that group?

The Women's segment is in all reality, just starting to really take off in Dirtbiking. Hang in there, and things will get better with more clothing options, etc..

Our group will be down in La Ventana, but not until Feb/Mar. Have fun, be safe, and make the kids smile!!!

Yeah, I used to wear the Thor's boys stuff.

Seems like alot of the vented in the boot style are flashy motocross white. Yck. It's tough enough keeping stuff clean in Baja.

I threw in my old beaten up Klim Moab pants to wear this year. Venting over looks anyday, I hear it's hot right now.

Any chance you're down there in the next while? I'll be in La Ventana area up until Jan 6. Always nice to meet other girl riders.

We were just down there for the 1000.  Returning in early March for a riding trip.  Planning on making a northern loop and hitting all of the good single track.