Sign in to follow this  

dashboards?

I've been thinking of building a dash for my 650r to hide the wires from the bd kit, I think I'd put my trailtech vapor on it along with an accessory 12v and USB plug and definitely a quick plug in to charge that little battery. Just wanting to know for those of you who have dashes, what you've put on yours. So post up some pics if you've got some.

also as a side question, I was looking at the trailtech dashboard indicator lights (http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/vapor/vapor-accessories/indicator-light-dashboard) and wanted to know if it would work with the 650r at all? I imagine I could hook up indicator lights for the turn signals, high and low beams easily enough myself, but if this can just plug straight in and can get a neutral light it might be worth the $50 so I don't have to make it myself.

Edited by RobbySkateboard

Here is mine im working on

Dang Mastera210! I like the dash,  that doesn't look fabricated.  did you get that somewhere or you're just amazing with metal work and machined that thing?

looks awesome. I'm looking for a dash now too for '92 XR600R

I like the plate dash too thumpnred. dang those are both nice. my vapor is double sided taped to the bar brackets by the PO.  haha

Edited by goneballistic

The indicator lights and trim piece are convenient and it comes with a whole asortment of indicators, even blanks.

The incandescent bulbs that come with the kit would burnout randomly so I gave trail tech a call and they set me up with LED bulbs for free, something to consider if you go that route.

Red, that "dash" looks really good.

might be a silly question but: I'm assuming the N is for neutral, but how do you get that info? Is there a wire that tells the bike it's in neutral or are you riding a  650L? I'd really like to have that on my 650R (not really a need, just think it would be cool I guess) but have no clue how I would wire a light to that.

might be a silly question but: I'm assuming the N is for neutral, but how do you get that info? Is there a wire that tells the bike it's in neutral or are you riding a  650L? I'd really like to have that on my 650R (not really a need, just think it would be cool I guess) but have no clue how I would wire a light to that.

its a L

Dang Mastera210! I like the dash,  that doesn't look fabricated.  did you get that somewhere or you're just amazing with metal work and machined that thing?

looks awesome. I'm looking for a dash now too for '92 XR600R

I like the plate dash too thumpnred. dang those are both nice. my vapor is double sided taped to the bar brackets by the PO.  haha

That its from Highway Dirt Bikes but had top clamp mach for lights, switch them powdercoated then engraved. back to powdercoater for clear coat