Sign in to follow this  

Crack in case?!

I am at work and have parent teacher crap tonight but .... I will try to look later as I am very curious about this. 

Take a picture of yours and post it up, I'm curious..

Sorry, my ribs are to busted to move my bike out into the light to take a picture....It does look just like yours though, I'm sure everybody will look at there's and tell you the same thing. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Phew.. I was also worried because I just took my bike upstate for a weekend of riding and on the way back I drove through an extremely rough patch of highway and the bike leaned over, putting a lot of weight on that side of the case.

Mine has it also must be a casting in the mold--sorry my camera took a swim a month back but i think your alright as two of us have the same think--mine looks just like yours BTW :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Found this after washing my bike today..

Think that's where you went wrong :p

I had to brush the dust from my mark but it looks the same as your clean one-- :p I never noticed it before tho!! Guess cause i don't wash it??? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I had to brush the dust from my mark but it looks the same as your clean one-- :p I never noticed it before tho!! Guess cause i don't wash it??? :rolleyes:

I have never washed mine yet but it will get a good bath before I take it in for the 305 install ....  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have never washed mine yet but it will get a good bath before I take it in for the 305 install ....  :thumbsup:

Does the owners manual say anything bout washing them?? Mine is still under the seat somewhere--I did scrape some cow mines off once :p 

• Like 1

Laugh if you want...I don't care,  :rolleyes: But I won't let my "dirt" bike get dirty...It's kind of my hot rod... :ride:

• Like 4

Laugh if you want...I don't care,  :rolleyes: But I won't let my "dirt" bike get dirty...It's kind of my hot rod... :ride:

I have only been in a "little" mud once other than that its all been dry dirt. 

• Like 2

Definitely a feature of the casting:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381885143.130530.jpg

Edited by dxm113
  • Like 4

Mine looks like DSM's only dusty--I don't think mine was that clean an hour after i picked it up??? :goofy:

• Like 1