Moto money?

Hey guys! In the world of expensive parts, bikes, gear etc.. I have come up with some ways to make money (I am under 16 so I can't work and my dad doesn't buy anything for me) Over the summer I came up with $1,400 myself by mowing lawns, working with my mom and dad (dad owns a pool company and my mom maintains pools once a week) made some decent money, I sold everything I had to own, made money from my YouTube page and on Fivver.com by providing SEO Backlinks for $5. Fivver is a great way to make money easily by doing random things, look it up! So at the beginning of the school year I traded my 2004 KTM SX 125 in immaculate condition along with the $1400 I earned for a 2010 YZ250F! What do you guys do for money?

1381858606610.jpg

1381858626042.jpg

1381858666049.jpg

Hey guys! In the world of expensive parts, bikes, gear etc.. I have come up with some ways to make money (I am under 16 so I can't work and my dad doesn't buy anything for me) Over the summer I came up with $1,400 myself by mowing lawns, working with my mom and dad (dad owns a pool company and my mom maintains pools once a week) made some decent money, I sold everything I had to own, made money from my YouTube page and on Fivver.com by providing SEO Backlinks for $5. Fivver is a great way to make money easily by doing random things, look it up! So at the beginning of the school year I traded my 2004 KTM SX 125 in immaculate condition along with the $1400 I earned for a 2010 YZ250F! What do you guys do for money?

when I was 14 I cut firewood all the time for money.

I work 3 part time jobs on top of my full time job. I have many hobbies, moto seems to be the cheapest. I am about to start my own farm next year, so I will be working 5 jobs.

+1 on the fire wood that's what I did

+1 on the fire wood that's what I did

it made me damn strong too. I'm 24 now and idk how I did it all the time.. Litteraly any minute I had I was outside, cutting and stacking!

Im 16 worked with my Dad from about April at the weekends mowing lawns and also did some odd jobs. I earned enough to buy a 2006 Honda Varadero 125 as my learner bike, pay for insurance and just picked up a Suzuki RM 125. Im quite happy with myself. Especially when I hear my friends complaining how they wasted €60+ on saturday nights.

I'm just stoked to hear your dad doesn't give you any money :thumbsup: .

Might suck now but you'll appreciate that when you're older.

Already paying divert ends actually. I'll bet you appreciate that bike more than a kid who was handed it on a silver platter :cool: .

Great stuff !!  Luv your work :thumbsup: .

I would say what you're doing is on the right  track.

Not too many 15 year olds have ambition like you.

When I was 12-14 I mowed lawns.  Turned 16 and had to go to work ON MY BIRTHDAY, first job was Taco Bueno fast food.  They were impressed that a 15 year old who turned 16 in a few weeks was out submitting applications.

I know a kid who is an amazing rider, local pro speed.  Every since mommy stopped paying for his riding, he hasn't been riding because he's too lazy to find a job.  Now he's 19 and I haven't seen him in a few years because he refused to work!!!  Next time I talk to him, I'll tell him that he doesn't really like riding.  "What!?!?  I love riding!!!"  No you don't, you aren't willing to work for it, so you don't really like it that much.  "Shut up!!!"  You like sitting around, keeping the couch cushion company rather than working to buy yourself tires:gas:truck fuel:truck payment/insurance:cell phone:bike maintenance.  And you'll be sitting right there on the couch until mommy kicks your a$$ to the curb.  Good luck.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm under 16, so I can't work either. I had/have to work hard for my bikes, parts and accessories. It does kind of suck but when you buy that bike with your own hard earned money it feels so much better. All my friends parents buy their bikes for them. It's just different when you buy your own bike.

Why can't you guys work at 16? I guess law might vary from state to state, but here in Michigan I remember my dad dragging my ass around submitting applications when I turned 14, thats when I started working.

I would say what you're doing is on the right track.

Not too many 15 year olds have ambition like you.

I'm actually 13 haha

Why can't you guys work at 16? I guess law might vary from state to state, but here in Michigan I remember my dad dragging my ass around submitting applications when I turned 14, thats when I started working.

You can work at 16! I said I'm UNDER 16

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm under 16, so I can't work either. I had/have to work hard for my bikes, parts and accessories. It does kind of suck but when you buy that bike with your own hard earned money it feels so much better. All my friends parents buy their bikes for them. It's just different when you buy your own bike.

Oh I know its an absolutely amazing feeling!

I'm actually 13 haha

You can work at 16! I said I'm UNDER 16

Oh I know its an absolutely amazing feeling!

Must be a state by state thing, cause they had no problem hiring me to push carts and bag groceries at 14. I also made a good amount of money doing eBay shit, selling anything really. I quit working for a while because I was making enough money buying paintball guns for cash local and reselling higher online, or buying broken ones with simple fixes and reselling them once fixed.

I am right there with you, working a part time job getting payed min wage. ($7.35 hour) at the age of 14 and 15. I knew the own of the company pretty well. Parents don't help me with and moto funds or anything. All comes from me, 16 years old now with a crf250r that I have maintained and I am proud of it!

Wait till you turn 18, responsibility hits but.... its a lot easier to find a great job. I turned 18 2 weeks ago and right away I applied for a CNC job and got it. Now I'll be working full time plus school. The biggest thing is now I can finally afford a new machine. And by new I mean show room new. I'm not going to though because they don't make Suzuki ltrs anymore but still its a great feeling.

I've been mowing since I was 11, that's still what I do. My weekends are open for riding, and I make the same money as someone working minimum wage, but I do it about twice as quick.

I sold reefer in high school.  That's how I bought my first bike.   

I worked six hours a day during the summer along with competitively swimming another four hours, a day to help buy my 2013 YZ250F. I am 16

I sold reefer in high school.  That's how I bought my first bike.   

I got caught with reefer in high school.  Screwed my life up.  That's why I didn't have a decent bike until I was 38.

Wouldn't make that mistake again.

I own 2 business, a Lawn Maintenance company with 11 employees and a Road Construction Consulting company with 6 employees, my boss is a A-HOLE!