Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Price?

So I found a dealer out of state that has a new 2013 DRZ400SM for sale at $5999. So considering I'm out of state i wouldn't have to pay sales tax, registration, tag, and etc? Correct? 

Anyways, I get an email back saying the OTD price would be $7135. Where is this $1,135 coming from? I guess destination + prep would be somewhere around $600. That would make the OTD price to be $6600.

Can someone explain this? 

I've also sent an email back asking where the extra $1135 is coming from. 

Gotta pay sales tax on anything you buy... doesnt matter if you live in another state or not... tags and registration not necessarily still gotta get them for your state... not sure if they could register it for your state or not... and your correct destination freight more tax whatever else they want to put in there is where the extra grand or so is coming from... consider yourself lucky my otd for my 2013 was like 7800 or so... but mine was priced at 6999 so they only tacked on 800 extra for taxes,tags and all that stuff...

Gotta pay sales tax on anything you buy... doesnt matter if you live in another state or not... tags and registration not necessarily still gotta get them for your state... not sure if they could register it for your state or not... and your correct destination freight more tax whatever else they want to put in there is where the extra grand or so is coming from... consider yourself lucky my otd for my 2013 was like 7800 or so... but mine was priced at 6999 so they only tacked on 800 extra for taxes,tags and all that stuff...

If the OTD price is with shipping to my house then I'll jump right on it.

Edited by trailless

If the OTD price is with shipping to my house then I'll jump right on it.

Shipping? Like from the dealership to your front door? I can almost gurantee that otd price does not include shipping... it says it in the wording... "out the door" not "out the door to your front door" lol unless you specifically asked him to put a delivery price in your quote? Why not go to a local dealer and tell them what you want im sure they can get one to there dealership in a week or so...

Shipping? Like from the dealership to your front door? I can almost gurantee that otd price does not include shipping... it says it in the wording... "out the door" not "out the door to your front door" lol unless you specifically asked him to put a delivery price in your quote? Why not go to a local dealer and tell them what you want im sure they can get one to there dealership in a week or so...

It's my first time buying a vehicle... Anyways, I got a response back and he said that the extra $1135 is for freight/handling and dealer prep... So no sales tax, reg, tag fees..... I think I'll be looking around here. 

Anyways, thanks for the response.

Hopefully I'll be a part of this community in a bit.

Im pretty sure taxes are in there somewhere... but yeh just look locally and if noone has one locally as long as they are a certified suzuki dealer they should be able to get you one no problem... just a matter of how long it will take for them to get one... good luck on the hunt...