Anybody missing a 4-stroke yz?

I would bet that bike was stolen from some where. Hopefully the correct owner see's this posting!!

I don't think there's any of that type of crime in LA.....

I don't think there's any of that type of crime in LA.....

idk if that was sarcasm, but crimes everyewhere, cant trust no one you dont know

I don't have a title for mine either, but in Colorado we really don't need one. I myself wouldn't hesitate to buy one without a title. We have ohv stickers and we need to carry those on the bikes. You can always get the vin and run it through to see if something was stolen first though.

In cali you need to register it with the DMV in order to get your OHV sticker. No paperwork = no reg

I had young fella tring to trade me a 2006 yzf450 for this on cl. I knew it was stolen!

1381879784134.jpg

Why exactly is it stolen?  Cause he has no titles?  I would venture to guess 80% of bikes that are 10 years old don't have titles....  I never title my bikes

Ive never seen a title witb a bike. Ive bought and sold lots in the last few years. That post does seem a little sketchy but not too bad.

I don't see anything about that ad that says stolen. Maybe the title thing but that depends on the state. I bought my bike new in CO and I don't think I have a title.

Pretty low price.would jump on it myself actually...

Edited by morphrider

+1, thats a great price.

I would think that if its stolen, it would have been abused, and most likely spray painted black.

maybe it's cheap because it was just stolen and dudes looking to get rid if it quick.

Looks a bit like a copy paste description either stolen or its a scam,

maybe it's cheap because it was just stolen and dudes looking to get rid if it quick.

thats why you would want to run a VIN. Directly ask him if its ok to run the VIN and if he freaks out, then bingo...stolen

Some of you guys are way too paranoid

One thing that sticks out to me are the front forks. Those are SSS forks, which didn't come out until 2006. The ad mentions this as well. It seems to me that if the bike were stolen then the seller would have no clue that those are not the original forks.

Some of you guys are way too paranoid

I hate to sound too provincial or snobbish but some of it depends on where you live.  Of course, ANYWHERE a guy could be trying to sell a stolen bike but If I lived in Philly, LA, or some other "hot spot", I'd be more likely to check the VIN, especially if it seems like a super low price.

I gotta admit I didn't check the VIN on my YZ ( I did only to confirm the year) when I bought it but in Minnesota we don't register race bikes so other than the S.O., there is really no paper trail on a bike and most guys lose the S.O. anyway.

There are a lot of bikes for sale on craiglist that don't have the title. When I bought my bike last year, I must of seen 7 or 8 of them over a 2 month period.

Everything seems legit, if it was stolen they probably wouldn't even know what Enzo suspension is only thing that seems shaky to me is the price