Jediah Haines wins 2013 AMA East HS Title on 2013 WR450

He really throws that WR around and he is not a big guy.

It appears he used to ride a 2 stroke and also a YZ250F.

http://www.digitaloffroad.com/2012/01/20/interview-jed-haines/

Very interesting that he is back on a 450 and a WR at that.

BTW, 7 of the top 10 2013 ISDE overall riders were on 450s. The others were 2 350Fs and 1 300 2 stroke.

I wonder what his race bike weighs ? It appears to have the starter and the kickstand. These two items alone add over 10 pounds to the bike.

I've lopped 22 pounds from my WR450, making it "only" 13-14 pounds heavier than a comparably equipped YZ250F.

I don't know, it looks like something Cycra would make though. I like it. I also think the carbon fiber one looks nice too.

Z Carbon makes a Carbon Graphite Head Light Eliminator for the 07-11 headlight shell.. It screws into the existing holes. Navaho runs one. I also saw Randy Hawkins running one just like it on the new 12+ on Am Pro's website. However I don't see them available on Zetas site yet.

I emailed Raines Racing an hour ago and Jed himself replied back. He said he made it from the lower portion of a Cycra vented number plate. So it isn't available from Cycra. You would need to make it yourself. I haven't found a good email address yet for Am Pro to get the skinny on the Carbon Fiber one Hawkins had on his 12+ WR.

Pretty nice guy to reply back. He knows how to make fans.

I asked him how much his WR weighs and what all he stripped off it. I'll let you know what he says.

Edited by Bandit9

I emailed Raines Racing an hour ago and Jed himself replied back. He said he made it from the lower portion of a Cycra vented number plate. So it isn't available from Cycra. You would need to make it yourself. I haven't found a good email address yet for Am Pro to get the skinny on the Carbon Fiber one Hawkins had on his 12+ WR.

Pretty nice guy to reply back. He knows how to make fans.

I asked him how much his WR weighs and what all he stripped off it. I'll let you know what he says.

I'd love to know if he has changed the triple clamp to one with less offset.

He is running the stock triple clamp, but this is his exact quote, "I moved the spacer from below the top triple clamp to above it letting the forks have a little more rake."

I don't know what he is talking about, but I assume you will since you have a 12+.

Edited by Bandit9

• 1 month later...

He is running the stock triple clamp, but this is his exact quote, "I moved the spacer from below the top triple clamp to above it letting the forks have a little more rake."

I don't know what he is talking about, but I assume you will since you have a 12+.

When I rode the 2012, I thought that it was a little squirrely at high speeds. Not too bad and something you would get used to.   That mod would probably help a little with that "twitchyness".  I also noticed that Stefan Merriman was using a newer YZ450F/YZ250F swing arm.  The 2013 YZ250 has a wheel base of 58.1", 0.40" longer than the WR.