On a Lighter note-What was your first car?

1968 VW Karman Ghia i bought with money i saved while in Nam--was going to get a 68 Camaro but that wasn't to be--long story tho!! Yours was what???? :p:cool::p

Edited by USMCVietVet

72 chevy luv 

when i was done it was rolling on 40's and had a SBC 350  LOL

Just out of high school, with my paper route and yard mowing money I saved, I bought a 1972 Chevelle Malibu with 50,000 miles, it had Cragars and a eight track player already installed, this was 1976 and I paid 2000.00 for it.   :thumbsup:

69 VW BUG with a purple metal flake paint job. The rear wheel fell off on the way home from the guys house when I bought it. It was a total POS but I was in total denial of how bad it was. On its maiden voyage to my parents house the throttle cable broke and I had to sit in the rear bumper while my brother drove it. It was -25°c out and I froze my friggin ass off!

1972 Nova with a 307 and a 3 speed on the floor with a bench seat ...  :thumbsup:

my uncle gave it to me and it had 300,000 miles on it  ....  :p   he was a mechanic and kept it in good running condition. 

First one I bought was a 79 f150 highboy with 33's. Still like that old beast

1985 ford county squire wagon. Green with wood grain sides and sheepskin seat covers. That thing was awesome.

1979 Ford T-bird with a 302.  My friends called it the thunderchicken.

A 1977 Gremlin.

Had a 1978 blazer, then a 1979 lifted dodge ram. Blazer was pretty bad ass though, had the 400 in it, not the 350. Was a beast for sure.

First car once I had a license at 16yo was a '69 Cutlass, 2dr, Muncie M-22, 4-speed, 310hp 350 and a 3.90 rear gear. 

First car was at 13yo was a '72 340 Duster, 4-speed and a 3.55 gear. I had about 6 others before I had a license. 

My very first car was a 68 Chevy Bel Air 4-door with a 307/powerglide combo. Treated that car like a red headed step child. The first car that I bought myself was a 78 Pontiac Grand Prix with a Chev 350/th350. It wasn't a quick car with the stock 2:43 rear gears but I was never able top it out.

1979 Ford T-bird with a 302.  My friends called it the thunderchicken.

I am not sure but, I think when they went with the "LTD" look ...... that's where the "Thunder Chicken" name came into play ...maybe 70 thru 79 ....  :excuseme:

81 f100 that came without a motor. Put a 351 crate and slammed it, amazingly clean truck.

A backfiring 1980 Mazda RX-7.  And I've owned 3 more Wankel powered Mazdas since that one.  I'd like to see a rotary engine on a bike.

69 Chevelle SS396  375HP 4.11 gears with Muncie 4 speed. :jawdrop: ....... I think I had it about 9 months before I totalled it.    :banghead:

1988 toyota pickup.

4 cyl

Long bed

Manual transmission

Dented

Painted dark green with a paintbrush

69 Chevelle SS396  375HP 4.11 gears with Muncie 4 speed. :jawdrop: ....... I think I had it about 9 months before I totalled it.    :banghead:

Oh damn, you made me cry.... :(

Glad you didn't have my 67 Camaro z-28 :p :p :cry:

Oh damn, you made me cry.... :(

It was too much car for a 16 year old.  I wish I had it now though.  :ride:  I would like to think that I learned something from it.  

Edited by dkappelm