what works better than helicoils

so i was replacing my clutch and when i pulled 4 bolts out pieces of the threading came out(the screws wont tighten now) as well so i know i could re-tap them or use helicoils but is there anything that works better than helicoils and is the same concept. i talked to a local dealer and they said they had something that was like helicoils but a solid steel piece. please help me!!!

Time-Sert.

So far superior to heli-coils in my mind.

http://www.timesert.com/

Time-Sert.

So far superior to heli-coils in my mind.

http://www.timesert.com/

thanks! i may just re tap it and just get a bigger screw idk yet

Properly installed Helicoils and the generic copies can be stronger than the original threads in aluminum because they are larger diameter.  They also come in different lengths and the longer the better.

I have not used the timesert, but that looks like a good choice if there is enough room for it. 

Both require precision installation. 

A little more info would be very helpfull. What do these screws hold?? doctoring up spring loaded clutch screws is a reciepe for disaster!!

A little more info would be very helpfull. What do these screws hold?? doctoring up spring loaded clutch screws is a reciepe for disaster!!

they are holding the right crank case cover 

they are holding the right crank case cover 

There's probably not enough "meat" there for a timesert.

Consider going oversized, but be careful and don't wreck any more bolts.

Edited by trooper8

There's probably not enough "meat" there for a timesert.

Depends on how bad it is. (pics of the area would help us judge)

I have used 'timeserts' in the past and work great. I bought a kit a while back and it is the 'cats meow'

As far as precision... yup it takes a bit of skill. I have done both.

Consider going oversized, but be careful and don't wreck any more

i never wrecked 

Do you have wurth in the US. Get a hold of them they have insert that works great. Though with a correctly installed helicoil you won't have a problem again.

Also when I raced go karts we used to helicoil the plug thread as was common to spit out plugs. Never had an issue with a helicoiled plug,

Never used a time-sert but have used HeliCoils a lot.  If you have room to oversize the hole for the HeliCoil, then that's the easiest way to go.  If you can't oversize the hole, fill in the hole with Dura Fix aluminum brazing rod (you need a plumbers torch), and re-drill and tap the hole to the original size.

Never used a time-sert but have used HeliCoils a lot.  If you have room to oversize the hole for the HeliCoil, then that's the easiest way to go.  If you can't oversize the hole, fill in the hole with Dura Fix aluminum brazing rod (you need a plumbers torch), and re-drill and tap the hole to the original size.

thanks! i think ill just use the helicoils i was just wondering if there was any better ways

thanks! i think ill just use the helicoils i was just wondering if there was any better ways

Once you done it buy a torque wrench and only tighten them up to the specified torque or you will be back to square one....

I'm always amazed at how tight thing s don't have to be....Aluminium is soft soft soft....