Sign in to follow this  

How much would you pay?...

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking at buying an 05 250. I'm trying to gather some info on the value of this bike to help me with the sale.  I currently own a yz400f and am looking for something lighter and cheaper to operate.

So this bike is a, 2 owner, 05 yz250, with a new bottom and top end, done by a race shop (receipts are available, which is good). Owner claims 8 hrs on the bike since rebuild, but we all know that is never very accurate.

Pics aren't the greatest but it looks alright. Usual wear marks. Totally stock bike from the looks of it, and what the owner said. 

Owner said the fork seals need to be replaced. Otherwise it has a new chain, new steering stem bearings, and a couple basic stuff.  Obviously an inspection in person will give a lot more info, but it is pretty far away.  

KBB for an excellent condition 05 is at 2100.  The guy wants 2300 for it.

What's a reasonable number for this bike do you think? My highest price is 2000 as of right now. 

Thanks a lot guys and have a good week,

Arno

00M0M_9ijKHZ8V6y8_600x450.jpg

00T0T_aDVYBKxCvrX_600x450.jpg

01717_5S1X8TqgzS9_600x450.jpg

Better off to get an 06. That was the first year with the SSS suspension. HUGE difference!

Better off to get an 06. That was the first year with the SSS suspension. HUGE difference!

I know.... but what about this one?

In my neck of the woods, the seller isn't asking much more than the going rate for an 05. I personally wouldn't spend more than $2100. Even then, it better be in great shape at that price.

Pass on the bike, I would not buy a bike with a bottom end redone. Chances are the bike was rode quite a bit. Here's what I would do...wait, there is something always better. When I buy a bike I look at everything...frame ware(nicks) rims engine cases and over condition of the bike. I have bought bad bikes in the past...so I know from experience, I be Horton home with a bike only to find out stripped bolts. Gas tank shroud bold stripped and spinning. Last bike I bought came from Wyoming and shipped through ushippers. I bought it supper cheap from a 50 year old dentist with 5 hours on it. Those bikes are out there. And yes opt of the 06, scratch the 05! Trust me on this