Sign in to follow this  

If you sold your pig for something lighter/faster/used-your pick?

If i sold my pig for something used and still a dual sport, i would buy either a 2011 husaberg fe570, 2007 ktm 450/525 exc, 2010 ktm 450/530 exc or a 2012 ktm 350 exc. I thought about a xr650r plated but i still want a e-start button. I have no desire to kick over a hot pig, or one that has fallen over on the trails. Besides, i have been in situations on hills and such where a kick start only would be downright dangerous. what would your pick be?

CRF450X.....or KTM 500EXC...

Keep the XR,,take the plate off,,put it on the CRF,...put XR stickers on the CRF450X.......cops arround here wouldn`t know the difference,,,it`s red,it`s a Honda,,it says XR..must be good...move along...

:devil:

B

• Like 2

CRF450X.....or KTM 500EXC...

Keep the XR,,take the plate off,,put it on the CRF,...put XR stickers on the CRF450X.......cops arround here wouldn`t know the difference,,,it`s red,it`s a Honda,,it says XR..must be good...move along...

:devil:

B

sounds like you know someone who has done this?.lol

the berg sounds a goer but what brian said is right pig= stupid,
in aus a couple years ago when u first got a motorcycle license here u were only alloud up to a 250cc for the first 3 years (this has since changed) but i hat mates with wr400's etc and just put wr250 stickers on them with no problems at all

the berg sounds a goer but what brian said is right pig= stupid,

in aus a couple years ago when u first got a motorcycle license here u were only alloud up to a 250cc for the first 3 years (this has since changed) but i hat mates with wr400's etc and just put wr250 stickers on them with no problems at all

250cc for the first 3 years? That seems a little strict, and unnecessary.

• Like 1

250cc for the first 3 years? That seems a little strict, and unnecessary.

As a former motorcycle dealership employee, I've seen plenty of new bike customers that would have saved themselves a lot of pain and financial suffering had a law like this been in place.

As a former motorcycle dealership employee, I've seen plenty of new bike customers that would have saved themselves a lot of pain and financial suffering had a law like this been in place.

There are usually two or three new Harley pilots killed or badly injured around here every summer that a law like this would have likely saved.

I have the 650l as my moto camping bike it just keeps going and going and going you cant kill it .

2 xr 400s I love these bikes one has a plate and the e-button, less weight  then the 650 and will run with it to around 50 -60 mph not the best bike on the freeway .

And then I have a ktm 520 plated, weights less than the 400 has much more power and a 6 speed .

when I want to have fun I take the 400 . if my sons or a friend  want to go they can ride the other 400 .

If I am going with my butthead  friends who are not happy unless the have a cast or a pair of crouches I take the 520 exc  so I can get back to the truck  quickly, recover their bike, and get them to the hospital .

If i sold my pig for something used and still a dual sport, i would buy either a 2011 husaberg fe570, 2007 ktm 450/525 exc, 2010 ktm 450/530 exc or a 2012 ktm 350 exc. I thought about a xr650r plated but i still want a e-start button. I have no desire to kick over a hot pig, or one that has fallen over on the trails. Besides, i have been in situations on hills and such where a kick start only would be downright dangerous. what would your pick be?

Get the CRF450X.  I absolutely love my CRF250X.   :thumbsup:

lastoxampsnowpeak032_zpsc7dd959b.jpg

Spud :)

There are usually two or three new Harley pilots killed or badly injured around here every summer that a law like this would have likely saved.

I can see a 250cc limit for 1 year. But not 3 years. Thats overkill. Does not take 3 years of street riding to become a skillful enough rider.

If I sold my BRP, I would replace it with a new KTM 500EXC. Better yet, I would keep the Pig, and get the new KTM. Just dreaming.

Find an 2004 KX500... You will NOT be disappointed.

For a street legal dual sport??

If I sold my BRP, I would replace it with a new KTM 500EXC. Better yet, I would keep the Pig, and get the new KTM. Just dreaming.

what about a used bike?

I had most flavors of the Hondas big bikes. The only ones I kept was the plated 650r and cr500. Once I started riding my setup Ktm exc 520, they pretty much sit. I've only ridden the cr in the past two years and only for the adrenaline hit and to shut one of my buddies up. Cant say enough about the exc520 with the rekluse.

Sure, why not?

I think it would be VERY hard to get a kx500 2 stroke plated around here. Not impossible..........

I had most flavors of the Hondas big bikes. The only ones I kept was the plated 650r and cr500. Once I started riding my setup Ktm exc 520, they pretty much sit. I've only ridden the cr in the past two years and only for the adrenaline hit and to shut one of my buddies up. Cant say enough about the exc520 with the rekluse.

Pretty sure my next dual sport will be a ktm. I want to see for myself if its all hype, overrated or the real deal.

Pretty sure my next dual sport will be a ktm. I want to see for myself if its all hype, overrated or the real deal.

I'm sure you will like it. It's more of a dirt bike than the R. I was worried about power, but soon learned it is all that. I dare say mine is close to my 87 cr500 for a flat field run. Only because it's more tractable. It's deceiving!

I think I would go for a KTM 690 Enduro R, <300 lbs, 66hp, 3k mile oil changes. Or maybe that BWM they made for a while, the G450X

• Like 1