Is El Mirage open?

When I go with my wife and daughter (7 yrs old) I like the harassing rangers. Keeps the rif-raf out.

When I go it alone.........the more rif-raf the better!

What if your daughter rides a ohv on her own? My girls rode quads before bicycles. If a ranger wants to check ages and vehicle age limits most of us could be wearing handcuffs, if it is left to the discretion of others

• Like 1

What if your daughter rides a ohv on her own? My girls rode quads before bicycles. If a ranger wants to check ages and vehicle age limits most of us could be wearing handcuffs, if it is left to the discretion of others

Not a problem as long as she is directly supervised by a parent or guardian. 

I can say from my experience that I have NEVER been "harrased" by a ranger unless I was doing something wrong. They have come into camp and checked for spark arrestors and registration, but that is their job. I personally do not have any problem with it.

Skip the gates, go around. :ride:

Ive only been there once since they fenced.it off and started charging....at night after.the rangers.went.home. It is pretty well fenced off from what i remember and could see. Ypu would have to cut shit down or drive quite a ways to get in

That place.aint worth going to when.it is open...would be stupid.to risk a fine to ride that shithole when many better and "free" places are still open.

Its been open on the weekend using staff paid directly from grants 

so, answer open on weekends, Dry lake is closed if still muddy from last storm

During the week, Its closed, not enough usage during the week to staff, 

Suggest alternatives

Jawbone/Dove springs open 

Spangler open

Johnson valley Open 

Barstow/Stoddard open 

Cal City  Open 

I am hearing conflicts of info on Dumont

Not sure on El centro district areas down south 

Have fun

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, racerden said:

It was last weekend, call the office at 760.388.4411. Friday AM"s they usually pick up

I hate to be the one...  But you know you replied to a 2013 thread... Well that was a dumb question because obviously you didnt... Just sayin. :cheers:

• Haha 3

On 3/27/2020 at 6:40 AM, Elizabeth Warren she/her said:

Some on the biggest baddest hill climbs are at el mirage, stuff even the donkey in his prime couldn’t climb

That is correct. There are more than a few that are unclimbable. Right now the park is closed unless you come in off the 395 on Shadow Mountain Road.