baja 2013 info?

where does a canadian desert rat find out the lowdown on this years baja 1000. teams,riders,bikes,chances etc?? we are only 1 month away from the race, and this "baja" forum is pretty quiet. where can i find the "skinny" on this years race? thks "everyone"!!

When do we expect confirmation of the actual final bike schedule?

Is there a start time for the pro bikes yet?  PST?

Rumor is that it is likely to change before race day. ..

Rumor is that it is likely to change before race day. ..

Do the bikes start on the 10th?

As it stands now, bikes start 11pm on 14th.

The bikes will start at 11:00pm Thursday November 14th. 

Any rumors about any other start time are false.

Norman gave it 90%. I guess time will tell.

Norman gave it 90%. I guess time will tell.

When did he tell you this?

He said that the day of the meeting as reported to me by one of the participants.

You undoubtedly have a better feel for the tone of the day than i do. Others continue to report rumblings down south about the timing ...and you know how it goes. IF there is still some question, it'll have to get nailed down pretty soon. If it's been finalized, great and we plan it that way. Thanks for your insights. Much appreciated.

As it stands now, bikes start 11pm on 14th.

The bikes will start at 11:00pm Thursday November 14th. 

Any rumors about any other start time are false.

Thanks guys,  

As race fans we will plan our trip based on this info.  A couple hours either way won't make any difference to us but let me know if there are major changes in the schedule.  

Assuming that the 11PM start time is the new reality, I'll be scouting out a new place to watch the front runners from.  In the past, I've used the 50mph average speed to figure it out.  This year, to catch the front runners during daylight presents a challenge to figure it out.  Ideally, I'd like to catch the first 20 bikes then move closer to San Felipe to catch the trophy trucks go by.

Coco's is at RM 350, which roughly translates to 7 hours of racing or 6AM.  Any thoughts as to a 6AM timing there?  Might move down towards the water hole in Calamajue .....  (we'll be on ktm's, 525 and a 530)

Assuming that the 11PM start time is the new reality, I'll be scouting out a new place to watch the front runners from.  In the past, I've used the 50mph average speed to figure it out.  This year, to catch the front runners during daylight presents a challenge to figure it out.  Ideally, I'd like to catch the first 20 bikes then move closer to San Felipe to catch the trophy trucks go by.

Coco's is at RM 350, which roughly translates to 7 hours of racing or 6AM.  Any thoughts as to a 6AM timing there?  Might move down towards the water hole in Calamajue .....  (we'll be on ktm's, 525 and a 530)

I'm just guessing the 'night' average will be down in the 40mph range...

Yeah, I think you're right. Darkness will slow them down. Thanks....

Is that roughly eighty miles of San Felipe whoops in the moonlight?   

Answer: I think the nearly full moon will have set behind the Sierras before the first whoop.

Welcome Everyone to the Biggest SH@T Show in Offroad racing history LMFAO !!!!

thanks for the links guys, very helpfull for a cold desertrat!  now question #2 is where do i find out who is racing on who's team, etc?? pro's/ private, self sponsered teams, and all that kind of info? I'm really looking forward to this year's night start, as i think it will really even out a lot of the bike classes. but that being said,i'm fairly sure it will give a huge advantage to the trucks,as the bikes have their first 7/8 hours on the course in the dark,and the trucks start in the daylight.

Welcome Everyone to the Biggest SH@T Show in Offroad racing history LMFAO !!!!

You racing this year?