Sign in to follow this  

Yz250

Well I just wanted your guys opinions on the yz250. What you thought of them if you had one? Just some info on then since I don't know anything about them. Any information will be helpful

Well I had my cr250 for about 4 days then it blew up. But for those 4 days.... Wow. I've never felt so much power in a bike. Will the yz hit like the cr?

The cr is more powerful that is a fact it's around 60 hp stock where as the yz is around 56 hp stock. However the Yamaha beats the cr on versatility and longevity and is known for being just as at home in the woods an trails as it is on the track. Personally I would have either but I got a yz coz it was the best deal at the time. I like the fact that Yamaha still make them too.

• Like 1

The cr is more powerful that is a fact it's around 60 hp stock where as the yz is around 56 hp stock. However the Yamaha beats the cr on versatility and longevity and is known for being just as at home in the woods an trails as it is on the track. Personally I would have either but I got a yz coz it was the best deal at the time. I like the fact that Yamaha still make them too.

so it should still hit pretty hard? And yeah we're I ride its mostly trails/woods and dirt roads.

You on drugs? 60hp on a stock CR 250 is not even close to true....

More like 46/47hp for both the YZ and CR.....

You on drugs? 60hp on a stock CR 250 is not even close to true.... 

You beat me to it originalmonk.  I was thinking the exact same thing.

Edited by ron_m

Those power numbers are inflated. Yamaha's latest and greatest 2014 yz450f makes 59 horsepower and is the most powerful 450 made yet. The last yz295 I had in made 49. With a stock 250 making around 45

Yeah, and Mexico is where you want to move to to get away from drugs and violence. Where did you get these numbers? The 250 sx has 50 hp and the other 2 stroke bikes are no where near that number. The yz had something like 47 last time I checked.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/mobile/News/MXAS-2013-YAMAHA-YZ250-TWOSTROKE-MOTOCROSS-TEST-IF-9991.aspx

...huh?

Yeah, and Mexico is where you want to move to to get away from drugs and violence. Where did you get these numbers? The 250 sx has 50 hp and the other 2 stroke bikes are no where near that number. The yz had something like 47 last time I checked.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/mobile/News/MXAS-2013-YAMAHA-YZ250-TWOSTROKE-MOTOCROSS-TEST-IF-9991.aspx

Sorry I was a bit out on the yz too

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381987547.784323.jpg