Sign in to follow this  

California Bit o Downieville pucker factor

I like everything about that video!  :thumbsup:

The speed.  The commentary.  All the Orange.  The Club. The gloves.  The Maps. The booths. The people.  The faces. The GPS. The trails. :goofy:

I even like the car in your Avatar.

Oh, I'm whipped.  I wanna ride with you! :ride:  :lol: My only concern is the plate.  100 miles is huge but I didn't see any roads.

Now I've got to do some homework, I WILL be on that ride next year. :foul:

http://www.woodsriders.org/  Oh the INTERNET is a beautiful thing. Dirty,  you get front page space.  Do I have to become a member to do this ride? I live by Groucho Marx's comment about clubs.

I'm on it! http://www.woodsriders.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=462551&item_id=275427 and the answer is NO! I can't do this.  The video provides a very good idea of how you went and where you were but how about a GPS track?  Here is a great resource http://www.gpsxchange.com/ Is it already on there?  The Downieville Duel Sport posted?  The post is March 15th by robnmp.  I've been eyeballing that loop on the map.  That's a whole day's ride! Nice!

I've got the map, I can pencil it out. ;) But you didn't stay on the highlighted map.  That's how to post a video! :crazy:

P.S. I don't have a plate & 4 strokes, with the magic button, when I get old.  :p

Thank you.

Edited by superslyko

At 3:27 you could have stayed on the trail.  But nope you go down the bank, on a section of trail that was rerouted several years ago.

that's one hell of allot of stopping, you gotta fly over that stuff  to keep you balance

I got it all mapped out. I was eyeing that loop before but didn't know.  :thinking: Your video confirmed it.  I'm gonna try 1 more ride before the snow comes. But there's no signs!  I'm gonna get lost! :lol:

Thanks Again!

Edited by superslyko

I rode 2nd divide once uphill from town...never again. Too much cliff for me.

Hmmmm? :thinking:

Hi Scott, The Dual Sport is open to all riders. That is our annual club fundraiser event. Our next Dual Sport event will be held the last weekend of September, 2014. Most of our other rides throughout the rest of the year are indeed club rides and would require being a member or being the guest of a member to participate in the rides. Annual membership dues are $30.00 for the first year and following years can be reduced to $20.00 in exchange for a minimum of 8 hours of work on our local trails the area. We are in charge of maintaining the trails we ride so the forest service does not close them down due to erosion and lack of maintenance.

Thank you for your interest in the Woodsriders.

John D. Pellizzer

NCWR Activities co-chair

NCWR 2013 Dual Sport/ Adventure Ride Chairman 

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

thanks for sharing,i want to take a bunch of my squid friends there now and hit that stuff.

• Like 2

Wow, that looks like some amazing riding area. That is going on the list.

AJ

I was like " why does He need a locator "  until i got to 11 = Min LOL

Geeez, the first bit of single track was waaay out of my ability, 11min was tougher and 13min I would have trouble hiking on, especially that look back shot!

Hmmmm? :thinking:

Hi Scott, The Dual Sport is open to all riders. That is our annual club fundraiser event. Our next Dual Sport event will be held the last weekend of September, 2014. Most of our other rides throughout the rest of the year are indeed club rides and would require being a member or being the guest of a member to participate in the rides. Annual membership dues are $30.00 for the first year and following years can be reduced to $20.00 in exchange for a minimum of 8 hours of work on our local trails the area. We are in charge of maintaining the trails we ride so the forest service does not close them down due to erosion and lack of maintenance.

Thank you for your interest in the Woodsriders.

John D. Pellizzer

NCWR Activities co-chair

NCWR 2013 Dual Sport/ Adventure Ride Chairman 

NICE!! :thumbsup:

i went riding near there at sierraville,you gotta hit that mexican joint in town,its sooo good,i had plenty of gas of the rest of my ride.

• Like 1