Got my KTMEXC450 and now I can't decide If I should sell the DRZ

So I have my 2011 EXC450 and I'm sooooooooper happy with it. Thinks pots my DRZ440 to shame I. Every way! Even with the BBK HCR cams oversized Valves FCR39mm full exhaust and fully built head by senior Seepworks Jim's self I just don't touch they bike anymore. I even have a SM setup for it and I think I won't to sell it for a ninja or something lime that.

What do you think?

8d1db1f28ae940ec111966dd132e0abd_zps9f63

9dc8a8345792f4be72c79364941dbfb6_zpse683

Older pics

Yoshgrafxs005.jpg

Yoshgrafxs004.jpg

Keep it for when the katoom is down for maintenance :p  

+1

you have an awesome DRZ. How long have you had the KTM? If you haven't owned it for long I'd definitely hang onto the Z a few months to see how much you really like the Kaboom. I sold my KTM 520 after 6 months of ownership because it was simply to expensive/high maintenance for my liking.

Yeh, as others have said. Don't be too quick to sell your old bike as you'll never get her back again. Sure, you could buy another later and start again but you'll always compare.

I've known mine since she was new & owned her since she was 3.

No matter what bike I get in the future I don't think I'll be selling my Z, certainly not without giving the next bikes at least a year..., but probably not even then.

If Suzuki ever bring out an new DRZ-350,400 or 450 it'll be bad news for the resale value of the DRZ-400 but for the foreseeable future values should be pretty stable.

I can tell you after doing over 1000 dirt only miles on the KTM I would rather buy a new bike then ride the DRZ off road again. For me the DRZ is a compromise hence a dual sport dike. As a dirt bike the DRZ holds me back. I only SM it these days. I could probably get like $4500 for it if I throw in the dirt and SM setup in the deal.

Duno if I keep the DR it will just be used as transportation.

I remember seeing your DRZ on CL for sale months ago... 

lets see this new KTM you speak of. 

Yea that thread got deleted do to the craigslist link I think.

1aadf0ed6c91c23248a389a815bc1be4_zps3b56

5225c5c12775580cb82545ec550482f6_zps044c

Edited by Daves7m

Very nice!

For what it's worth, I got a Husaberg 570 the other day ... and am keeping the DR-Z as a winter commuter (willing to store it outside occasionally and take it through the winter salt pickle slush on the roads - commuting on studded tires is FUN), as a backup bike, project bike, loaner for friends who come over, loaner for dad for travel / flyfishing trips, and just as a general tank / dirt limo / gravel cruiser - plus I won't get the price for it in my local market that'd make getting rid of it worth it - to me.

And the DR-Z takes a passenger!

The DR-Z is literally THE do-EVERYTHING bike.

I'm keeping the DR-Z but am watching for an older DR-Z to swap for my current DR-Z, to free up some cash and have it even more of a project bike / customizable platform.

- I'd totally understand if you chose to sell the DR-Z, it just depends on your purpose. I'd consider just selling it with some patience, try to get a good price for it in the right season.

Edited by Anthon Berg

Yea I don't see it flying off the shelf so to say. But the more I see it just taking up space the more I think I don't need it. Then I road it for he first time in like 4 months and man what a pig compared to my KTM

The gnarlier the trail the better the KTM will look.....tough to go back once you move ahead. That said, I still kinda like the DRZ....

I bought a 2013 500 exc in January and I kept the DRZ.

Exactly what everyone said, when one bike is down you can jump on the other one and not miss a beat!

Yea I don't see it flying off the shelf so to say. But the more I see it just taking up space the more I think I don't need it. Then I road it for he first time in like 4 months and man what a pig compared to my KTM

If you're going to put it back to stock (lots of people do that when selling their drz cause you wont get anything for the upgrades),  let me know,  i may be interested in the fcr. 

sounds like you have pretty much made up your mind on the DRZ. Good luck with the sale.

Are KTMs really that maintenance intensive? I sat on a 690 Duke the other day at the stealership and I fell in love. I was thinking of picking one up someday as a commuter.

Keep the drz mate I had a ktm 450 exc 2012 brand new from shop and I had nothing but problems after 50 hours ktm's are the most maintainace high bikes and are extremely unreliable they are without a doubt nice to ride but not woth it in the long run mate

Edited by stonerpantz

Keep the drz mate I had a ktm 450 exc 2012 brand new from shop and I had nothing but problems after 50 hours ktm's are the most maintainace high bikes and are extremely unreliable they are without a doubt nice to ride but not woth it in the long run mate

Some people say they have no issues at all

Some say they are terrible

My experience with them is they are :thumbsdn: