Selling my WR450 Supermoto (UK)

This isn't a For Sale thread in disguise. I'm planning on selling my Supermoto soon so want to know what it's currently worth in the UK.

2003 WR450

2nd Owner

Never been offroad so mint

Roughly 5000 miles

YZ Exhaust Cam

YZ Manual Cam Chain Tensioner

Full Ti Evo Akrapovic exhaust

TwinAir filter

BRAKING 300mm front disc

BRAKING Caliper mount

GMX catch can

Talon hubs

Excel rims

Goldspeed road legal slicks

Renthal fat bars

Renthal fat bar mounts

Trail tech Vapour (doesn't always work)

UFO rear fender with led

UFO front supermoto fender

UFO peg sliders

Crashbobbins axle sliders

Acerbis Headlight

UFO front number board

Renthal Oring chain

Renthal front sprocket

Talon rear sprocket

Rear wavey disc

New 5th and 3rd gears and selector fork last year

New water pump shaft and seals last year

And the list goes on. Lost of paperwork, lots of money spent. The perfect on road supermoto, 5speed wide ratio transmission and YZ cam means it'll power wheelie in 1st and 2nd, power wheelie in 3rd with a little push on the bars, wheelie in 3rd no problem with clutch but will also go on to 100mph with current gearing! WR engines are pretty bullet proof so is very reliable. Starts first or second kick and runs perfectly.

Genuinely never ride it so have to let it go :-(

Any ideas what I should be advertising it for?

Not the best pics but all I have to hand currently:

IMG_20130705_201708_zpsdaaef682.jpg

IMG_20130125_212957_zpse1e3068c.jpg

Oh an I'd say 2k due to its age

I got paid £2000 in June as a "write off" (my trailer was rammed on the motorway on the way to a speed hill climb event and the front of the 450 made a large dent in the back door of my camper van) for my 2004 YZ450F supermoto. It has a "Will Power" tuned motor and other trick parts. That's what I paid for it in April 2012 so I was pretty happy (particularly as I repaired it myself with parts off Ebay).

I got paid £2000 in June as a "write off" (my trailer was rammed on the motorway on the way to a speed hill climb event and the front of the 450 made a large dent in the back door of my camper van) for my 2004 YZ450F supermoto. It has a "Will Power" tuned motor and other trick parts. That's what I paid for it in April 2012 so I was pretty happy (particularly as I repaired it myself with parts off Ebay).

We'll he should just put it on eBay I'm just sayin is never give more than 2k for a 2003. I only payed 2900 for my 2006 525 and it is immaculate with Cush drive wheels an all the nice bits

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382271123.034982.jpg

We'll he should just put it on eBay I'm just sayin is never give more than 2k for a 2003. I only payed 2900 for my 2006 525 and it is immaculate with Cush drive wheels an all the nice bits

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382271123.034982.jpg

My bro sold a 525 a couple months back for £1500, they don't seem to attract much interest around here.

My bro sold a 525 a couple months back for £1500, they don't seem to attract much interest around here.

Personal preference I suppose. I think a lot of people are scared of the maintenance but it doesn't bother me it's been a great bike so far. What year was his bike though an what condition was it in?

Not sure on the year but it had some nice bits on it. Stock they do have more power but the Yamahas are so reliable and effort free, plus with the yz cam in mine its no slower than the ktm :-) Every supermoto on the road around here is a ktm, which is why the prices around here are low. In the 3 yrs I've owned mine I've probably seen one other Yamaha on the road (apart from my bros as he has one as well)

Edited by RipGroove99

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382271123.034982.jpg

Being road legal and registered should help to sell it, but as you say it's the wrong time of year. I could have been tempted myself if I hadn't just acquired the 2011 350 SXF.

Not sure on the year but it had some nice bits on it. Stock they do have more power but the Yamahas are so reliable and effort free, plus with the yz cam in mine its no slower than the ktm :-) Every supermoto on the road around here is a ktm, which is why the prices around here are low. In the 3 yrs I've owned mine I've probably seen one other Yamaha on the road (apart from my bros as he has one as well)

That true with a bit of time effort an money you can get a wr to the same power as a ktm all my mates have done it. Mine just isn't as laboured at higher speed due to the boar that an the normal ktm trick bits are the only difference really. Like I say it's all down to what you want but we're goin off subject I'm just saying I wouldn't pay mor than 2 k for a 2003 bike that's all.

I will defo advertise on forums first before ebay :-)

Why?

I will defo advertise on forums first before ebay :-)

I might keep an eye out for it as my lad loves the 450F and having a spare bike might be useful if the orange one proves fragile <_<

Here he is on the YZ - 58 BHP on the dyno ?

atsb00011.jpg

Nice! Whats been done to get 58bhp?

Not exactly sure but at least some of what is on this list in this Will Power link I guess. It was built for Dani Müller the Swiss?  Supermoto rider in 2004. It does go very well, though with the Scar supermoto yokes it gets a bit unstable feeling at the front even on the tallest gearing we run (good for about 95). Must get round to fitting a stabiliser.

http://www.willpower-racing.co.uk/services.htm