Advice...interested in a -14 RMZ250 but ?

My 13 rmz250 is fine but I can just tell that I won't get more than 100 hours out of it

Most of the bad rep that Suzuki gets comes from stupid comments like this.

HRC, here's an honest answer.

1. I see far more issues with RED than Yellow...In fact, I don't think I've seen any issues, but I'm speaking of the 450. so perhaps there's something with the 250 only?
  2. Again, 450, but I know several with 80-100hrs on their 450 with ZERO issues and still run the stock piston and no valve changes..This includes myself.
  3. While you may be new to Yellow, your first ride should be telling how good this brand is. It usually just takes one ride and you'll be hooked.
  4. Yellow requires very little if any mods to use. The bike is great right from the showroom.
  5. I'm looking to add a 250 to compliment my 450.

Good luck.

I agree, all my RMZ's have been way less problematic than the CRF I had.

So can we squash the detent spring transmission assumptions. That's giving us a hard time and a harder time selling these things when were done with em. When someone looks up problematic tendencies on certain models they're going to search for that on google after looking at your ad on craigslist and they'll see all this horse shit on here. Nothing ever happens.

So can we squash the detent spring transmission assumptions. That's giving us a hard time and a harder time selling these things when were done with em. When someone looks up problematic tendencies on certain models they're going to search for that on google after looking at your ad on craigslist and they'll see all this horse shit on here. Nothing ever happens.

I won't have an issue selling mine (if I ever decide to sell).. and yes it has the 450 detent mod

For the spring and detent ball bearing arm you've installed, does this require a split of the cases or just the clutch side opened up?

thx

Im looking at a parts diagram for reference but I can't find the detent spring and detent ball bearing arm. Can someone list the part numbers? that would be cool. Thanks.

so this interesting. My maiden voyage with the gear was butter. Drained the oil, put in Motul 300v Synthetic and I had a completely different experience. The bike didn't stay in gear like my 450 and hit false neutrals in upper gears many times and I've never had that with my 450. What gives?

It was fine the first time out and buttery smooth. I know some will say change the oil back, but it can't be night any day just like that.

so this interesting. My maiden voyage with the gear was butter. Drained the oil, put in Motul 300v Synthetic and I had a completely different experience. The bike didn't stay in gear like my 450 and hit false neutrals in upper gears many times and I've never had that with my 450. What gives?

It was fine the first time out and buttery smooth. I know some will say change the oil back, but it can't be night any day just like that.

what year 250 is it? new?

The only other thing that could have changed that would influence it would be chain slack. I sometimes wonder to what extent the chains tension would impact these transmissions. Should we be on the tight side or the loose side for example. :unsure:

chain too tight impacts cases and bearings more so.

chain too loose causes lash which stresses everything.

Chain should be tight that when suspension bottoms it doesn't get tighter. That is the best tension. Remove linkage bolt, take bike off stand and set chain tension. Too tight ruins trans. A loose chain will not. I see more bikes with too tight of chains than anything. The only "give" our trans has is clutch spring pressure, basket dampers....and chain slack

Not sure. 300v is a very slick oil and it doesn't have a large viscosity swing to temperature. I have tried many different oils. Including 300v. Its an awesome oil and what I initially used. tred lucas,red line, rotella t6. Ended up regular ol rotella has best clutch and trans feel for me. I think the whole oil thing is a very personal thing. My findings could be opposite for another rider. I do feel chain tension and rpm during shift have alot to do with it. Whenmy 450 was new it was notchy. heck.just about any bike when new is notchy. Once things mesh and settle it gets better. I am a firm believer to err on the side of more chain slack thatn too tight

• Like 1