Opinions on the hard parts sxs fork

I have the chance to pick up a set of hard parts sxs forks for a decent deal but I'm curious how guys feel about them. I race hare scrambles and enduro and looking to replace my open cartridge forks

Dont quote me because I have no personal experience, but from what Ive heard is that they are much harder and finicky to set up properly (cone valve), but if you do, they will feel far superior to the stock stuff.

What year are they ? There are many versions

I have the chance to pick up a set of hard parts sxs forks for a decent deal but I'm curious how guys feel about them. I race hare scrambles and enduro and looking to replace my open cartridge forks

You have a 350, right? Were the closed cartridge forks taken off the bike and replaced with the open bath forks?

You have a 350, right? Were the closed cartridge forks taken off the bike and replaced with the open bath forks?

Unfortunately yeah that would be my guess. Idk who or why they did it but I didn't notice when I bought the bike

the open cartidge are better for the woods imo, thats why the come on the enduro line of ktm's xcw/exc

if you say the sxs hard parts forks they are nothing more than matched and coated tubes with billet axle lugs. they use the stock closed cartridge and only benfit from a little stiffer fork (flexion of tubes) and less stiction. again they use the stock closed cartidge.

the fat brown outer tube forks with black lower tubes and black top cap with brass screw clickers at the top are the cone valve forks, completely different. the factory off road and motocross guys use them but they are way too stiff for you or i,  unless you can ride as fast as they do!

the open cartidge are better for the woods imo, thats why the come on the enduro line of ktm's xcw/exc

if you say the sxs hard parts forks they are nothing more than matched and coated tubes with billet axle lugs. they use the stock closed cartridge and only benfit from a little stiffer fork (flexion of tubes) and less stiction. again they use the stock closed cartidge.

the fat brown outer tube forks with black lower tubes and black top cap with brass screw clickers at the top are the cone valve forks, completely different. the factory off road and motocross guys use them but they are way too stiff for you or i,  unless you can ride as fast as they do!

That was the same thing that I was thinking about the open cartridge forks. They are going to be more compliant in the woods than either the sxs or the cc forks (stock valving, of course). You should give some suspension companies a call and see what they can do for you with the suspension. Companies like enduro engineering (just an example, just the first place that I could think of since they are about 45 minutes away from me) have a ton of experience with the open chamber wp forks and might be able to valve/etc... to get them just how you like them for considerably less than going and buying a set of sxs forks and then having to drop more money getting them how you like them. 

That was the same thing that I was thinking about the open cartridge forks. They are going to be more compliant in the woods than either the sxs or the cc forks (stock valving, of course). You should give some suspension companies a call and see what they can do for you with the suspension. Companies like enduro engineering (just an example, just the first place that I could think of since they are about 45 minutes away from me) have a ton of experience with the open chamber wp forks and might be able to valve/etc... to get them just how you like them for considerably less than going and buying a set of sxs forks and then having to drop more money getting them how you like them.

It's actually not what you would think. The oc forks are better for slower less aggressive riders, geared more towards a dual sport type of off road riding. I've spoken to a few well known suspension tuners and they all they same thing, I'll never get the oc forks to work as well as the cc forks for my riding style.

I don't think the SXS are cone forks....

if the SXS forks come with closed cartridge then do it.