Sign in to follow this  

MRD/SSW.EXHAUST

Hey guys, need some info. I have 2007 drz s model. It is no longer a 400. Had Eddie build me a 462 stroker motor, +4 stroke and bore, rhc 187  cams +1 on the valves and a ported head, 41 fcr carb and mrd/ssw pipe.Here's my problem, number one after two warnings and three tickets i have to quiet this thing down. I don't care about the noise myself, it sounds so awsum. Has any one used another exhaust that was easier on the ears and does not affect the power and performance.I know i am asking alot, but maybe some one out there has had the same problem. Thanks guys, for your input.

No i don't have the insert in, i had it in before i had the stroker crank and cams and card and it did't do much.

I am sure you can get a quieter pipe.. but most likely your performance will suffer.

If where you live is that strict i would just stick with stock imo...

Edited by Arthur1265

How about in town just dont rip on it... lol &%$#@! the police man i wouldnt let that make you screw the performance of your bike by getting a different pipe! Look up the law for decibel ratings in your town and then see if you can measure your bike and take it to court and throw it in there face! (that is if the bike is legally below the limit) lol

You don't understand, if you go up a hill with the throttle half way on to keep up with traffic,it is really loud. If you don't have a motor like this you don't have a clue.

Fabricate something yourself, like a better quiet insert, or get a local engineer or exhaust outfit to look into it, might lose a bit of sting but you can whip the thing out if you want to revert back, you have the best pipe on there, investigate ways to make it work before spending hundreds on another whole pipe, gotta be a cheap but smart solution to it.

Fabricate something yourself, like a better quiet insert, or get a local engineer or exhaust outfit to look into it, might lose a bit of sting but you can whip the thing out if you want to revert back, you have the best pipe on there, investigate ways to make it work before spending hundreds on another whole pipe, gotta be a cheap but smart solution to it.

rmz exhaust like you have? Good idea i think

Shoving a cork up your keihin equipped stroker mrd will cause running issues.....

Pipe wise, Anything you install that is quiet will reduce flow ~ reduced flow = less Hp......

It is feasible to retain a reasonable torque rating with a quieter pipe...., just expect less peak fun factor...

From previous experience I believe it is possible to run at lower revs around built up areas, a stroker motor shouldn't have to revved hard to keep up with "in town" type traffic.....unless you are running very short gearing...

• Like 2

You could keep the header & mid pipe and install another bigger muffler from a gsxr like some guys here did with their Yoshi TRC .

IMO a bigger muffler could shut it up a little more compared to the small MRD MX style muffler .

• Like 1