Tire suggestion for Yamaha XT600

80/20 - 90/10 street/trail (dirt) riding.

What works best for you? Thanks

I'm running a set of Shinko 244 s on my 350 . I run a fair mix on / off road and I like them in both applications . A touch noisy on the hard top , but so what . They hold good in the curves and on the berms .

0000_Shinko_244_Dual_Sport_Front_-_Rear_

I've been happy with my IRC GB-110's, decent grip, quiet on road, cheap as heck. So far 1000miles and no real signs of wear.

If you don't care about longevity, but do care about grip, I have D606 Dunlops on my WR250R, and they are as good on road as the original Bridgestones, and drastically better on everything else. But 2500-3000 miles a set is about it, probably less for a somewhat heavier bike like yours. 

The big ADV guys really like the Heidenau K60s and some of the Mitas offerings. Great on road life and better than average off road traction.

I know about the 606's. have them on the back of my XL, definitely a knobby tire, great for a mostly tail bike with minimum hwy. Them Shrinko 244's have the same pattern as Kenda 270's, IRC's GP-1. Bridgstone and Pirelli also have something similar, must be a decent knob pattern.

The K60's are good but pricey, I'd like to try some though, but first getting some Dunlop TrailMax TR's radials for winter.

Edited by jjktmrider

Michelin t63

Cheap

Look very off-roadish

Stick to tarmac so good in the corners!

You get a great street tire that poses as a dirt tire for cheap

I know about the 606's. have them on the back of my XL, definitely a knobby tire, great for a mostly tail bike with minimum hwy. Them Shrinko 244's have the same pattern as Kenda 270's, IRC's GP-1. Bridgstone and Pirelli also have something similar, must be a decent knob pattern.

The K60's are good but pricey, I'd like to try some though, but first getting some Dunlop TrailMax TR's radials for winter.

TR91s:

I have them on my Super Tenere right now. They are about as good as a sport tire on the road, and are better than the BattleWings the bike came with both on and off road.  They are an excellent tire, but I'm not expecting longevity. They say the Anakee 3 is every bit as good, and lasts and lasts. They may go on next, I'm not sure.

But as for the TRs: good cold/wet grip, and that's hard to come by in the big ADV market. You won't be disappointed in their road performance.

K60s can be had at decent prices. Here;s a great place to start:

http://rideonadv.com

Got a set of 705's for $110, should be here next Thurs.  

Found a guy  - also XT600 - that just installed them (also here in CO).

Pic:

0609091906.jpg

I'll see how they perform.  I intend on riding most of the winter.

Edited by AtomicSaladShooter

I was debateing on several tires for winter. I'd prefer a radial due to known cold weather grip on cars/trucks ect... but was also thinking some of the bias plys, like the K60's and the Shrinko705 ,Kenda 761,Perelli MT-90 . and taking a tire grooving cutter to put a bunch of sipping in the blocks. It would reduce the mileage of the tire but for better ice grip I could live with it. They would be taken off in spring and only run in the winter.