Sign in to follow this  

Gas Tank Questions

So I have plated my DRZ 250 and I can only get about 100 miles on a tank. When I look in the tank their is still a pile of gas but I guess it does not get drained. Is anyone else having this problem?

Are you turning the petcock to reserve? Also, tilt the bike sideways swishes some of the gas from the storage side to the draining side, I believe it's close to a litre on the DRZ250 tank.

Also, are you riding on dirt trails or street?

No the petcock is turned to on and I am running mostly pavement but even when were in the dirt it doesny matter. I just feel lile i could go so much farther cause i believe i read where he tank is lile 2.5 gallons. But at 100 it starts sputturing then i turn it to reserve till i can fill up.

That's a good thing. Once you hit reserve start looking for fuel. You'll be glad you have that extra fuel when the next station is 10 miles down the road and you've been on reserve for a while.

That's a good thing. Once you hit reserve start looking for fuel. You'll be glad you have that extra fuel when the next station is 10 miles down the road and you've been on reserve for a while.

Yes true point. does anyone know how many miles you can get out of the reserve just for emergency purposes it would be good to know.