Sign in to follow this  

kx 100 very oily

We have a 2002 kx100. Oil runs out of the exhaust chamber more than any other bike I've seen. The bike runs great. Mixing Kawasaki oil at 32-1. I've changed the baffle material because it was loaded so full and the bike was getting extremely loud. Any ideas what causes the messy oil problem?

We have a 2002 kx100. Oil runs out of the exhaust chamber more than any other bike I've seen. The bike runs great. Mixing Kawasaki oil at 32-1. I've changed the baffle material because it was loaded so full and the bike was getting extremely loud. Any ideas what causes the messy oil problem?

You may want to do some research on oil mixtures.  I always ran my 250s at 40:1 and never had any seizures / cyclinder and valves looked good.  I have 4 strokes now, but I have a friend's 125 at my house that I just rebuilt. My friend who raced pro rode it while he was out here and was telling me I should mix it at 50:1 after the break in. If you are using quality oil, it should be fine... but do some further research.  Like the other guy said, it could also be crank seals.

Any ideas what causes the messy oil problem?

Worn out reeds, clogged air filter,  incorrect jetting, worn crank seal (already mentioned), not ridden hard enough.  I'd try a different oil.  Motul 710, Maxima K2 and Maxima Super M all seem to burn clean for me.  I haven't used the Kawasaki oil, so I don't know anything about it.  I don't think mixing at 32:1 is your problem.

Some unburned oil on the rear fender is ok; it's a two stroke after all.

Edited by Jim_B

I run elf 976 or the elf909(karting oil) and it feels far more responsive and runs alot crisper than any maxima, motul,silkolene etc.

Not a stupid question by any means. but so much easier if stickies are read. Then usually they try the simple things first or then ask the question about proper / recommended jetting. Then I feel more obligated to answer legitimately. Anyone can read the jetting charts but understanding it is the hard part.

But, Due to doing things during the course of my reply (about 15 min), there were 3 more posts and I knew the oil debate would begin. Mixtures, brands, etc, etc.  

Well I run Super-Duper oil at 1,000,000:1.  LOL

SkylerV, this is no way directed at you. Please feel free to ask any question and we're here to help. It's all the other debaters that think" their oils are the best because it what works in their bikes and for the most part they see a thread in the "New posts" link and have to answer it. 90% chance they don't even currently ride a Kawi or a 2 stroke.

Hey, where's my little buddy Happ?

• Like 1