Sign in to follow this  

Linkage Questions, What Years Work With What, and R Fit?

So, I've been skowering the interwebs for several weeks. I've put posts up about trading my Koubalink for stockers on my 08 X. I've been searching for replacements, and reading every thread/page I can find regarding opinions of what years fit what, and if R bones fit an X. My summation is that many say any year X bones will fit any year, yet they have different part numbers (some years the triangle is different, some years only the dog bone is different). Then there are those that say only 05-07 works for those years and that 08 to current work for those years. Then there are those that say any R model year bones will work. Yet still others say an R is too different and in some cases bent their shock.

So, is there a definitive answer on this? Obviously R bones are easier to come by. 08+ X bones are more scarce, but a couple are available.  I am competent motorwise, but when it comes to suspension, I'm illiterate. I'm going to just buy a new dog bone and be done with it, but would really like to know the answers/opinions on this. FYI, the part number I need is 52479-MEY-A20. It can be had new for about $120, here, so that's the route I plan on going, but not knowing the right answer is killing me! Thanks for the help and clarification!

I am going to give you the definitive answer. It is very complicated so pay close attention.

Cross refrence the part numbers, if they match up the part works!!

See it is just that easy.

Unless of course you have both parts and you can mic them out.

Anything else is hearsay, roll the dice.

2005 to 2013 X rear linkage are all the same 'dimension-ally', but structurally they changed in 2008.

R shock is longer on all years, so even the 2005 R linkage (the closest to the X, but still not the same) is different, and will not work correctly, period, unless you change everything over....

2005 to 2013 X rear linkage are all the same 'dimension-ally', but structurally they changed in 2008.

Structurally changed for the better? Did they make the parts stronger, lighter or cheaper?

• Like 1

There two sellers on eBay with 450X links for sale for around $65

thanks guys. i surfed flebay last night before ordering and found an 08 X set that had just posted. snatched them up.