MEC - Something to Prove

There are a lot of them that have something to prove.

Reed and Stewart to show that can still compete at the top level.  Not compete at this level, because they still can, but compete at the TOP level like they once did.

Tomac.  Just to show he can handle the 450 like he did the 250 and stay at pace with Barcia.

Millsaps to show last year was not a fluke and he can push to stay at the top.  Plus his new ride.

Dungey because he has the skill, he has the team, and he has the past championships.  What he doesn't have is a championship where he beat Ryan over a full season of racing.  Its a game of consistency, but that still has to place a question mark over some of his accomplishments.  Even he has acknowledged it in a few interviews.

Either way, can't wait for this weekend.

Reed and Stewart to show that can still compete at the top level.  Not compete at this level, because they still can, but compete at the TOP level like they once did.

Tomac.  Just to show he can handle the 450 like he did the 250 and stay at pace with Barcia.

Millsaps to show last year was not a fluke and he can push to stay at the top.  Plus his new ride.

Dungey because he has the skill, he has the team, and he has the past championships.  What he doesn't have is a championship where he beat Ryan over a full season of racing.  Its a game of consistency, but that still has to place a question mark over some of his accomplishments.  Even he has acknowledged it in a few interviews.

Here's my 2 cents:

Stewy & Reed: Threat to win races but not championships against the new crop of guys.

Tomac: I believe Tomac and Barcia will be the two next champs of the 450 class that aren't named Ryan. As far as SX goes, I don't expect Tomac to be as strong as Barcia was his first year out, but outdoors I think Eli will be very competitive. As time goes on and he settles in with the bike and the class, he'll be really strong.

Millsaps: I think it's going to be a struggle if he stays on the KTM. There are rumblings that he may jump ship over to TwoTwo and ride Kawis with Reed, but who knows if that willl come to fruition. Unfortunately we won't be comparing apples to apples with Davi when we try to look at his results at the end of 2014 and compare to his great 2013 season.

Dungey: I thiink you're spot on. The problem with Dungey's approach is that he has to be absolutely perfect for it to work out. One or two bad races and it throws everything off b/c he doesn't have the handful of wins like RV to make up for it. That being said, I don't think there's anything he can do about it; it's just who he is. He's not going to hang it out and take the risks that RV is willing to take.

• Like 1

yeah . . . . 

Reed and Millsaps are not racing the MEC

It isn't even a AMA event, you gonna call all the others not showing up quitters too? Will Hahn, davi millsaps.... Etc

I don't think that they were ever signed up.  Reed was signed up, but pulled out of it.  Different IMO

I could be wrong on that, but I thought that's what I read somewhere.  Probably best anyways, who wants to hear him whine about the track, how he hasn't had enough time on the new bike, mysterious illnesses, etc.

Edit:  It looks like he was indeed signed up http://www.supercrossonline.com/News/Headlines/2013/06/28/1/

But now he isn't - So I stand by my original statement that Chad Reed is still a quitter!

Edited by Darvo
  • Like 3

But now he isn't - So I stand by my original statement that Chad Reed is still a quitter!

Thanks for my morning laugh... really. With logic like this, you should run for congress. And yes, that's a lower case "c," pretty much all they deserve at this point.

• Like 4

My pick going in is Eli, my wife's picking JS, she thinks he has something to prove, and he is still plenty fast if he can keep the rubber side down. Eli has momentum and confidence, tough to beat someone when they have that going. RV will be a bit of a question, will he want to push his ankle? Will he use this as a training race post surgery? Looking forward to tomorrow night!

• Like 1

I think he just did that at that 5 lap shootout Redbull event .

You are correct....I couldn't believe he beat Caroili, but he did....

Dungey will only get redemption when he finds himself at the checkered in front of Caroili

• Like 1

Dungey will only get redemption when he finds himself at the checkered in front of Cairoli

This redemption is within himself. When mentally aligned, he's the only current rider that can reel in 'Poto, like at Minnesota SX, this is what I believe what he's looking to prove.

Edited by hyper7driver
  • Like 2

This redemption is within himself. When mentally aligned, he's the only current rider that can reel in 'Poto, like at Minnesota SX, this is what I believe what he's looking to prove.

Makes sense, it's crazy that he seems to be having trouble. No major crashes (that we know of), just seems to be off a click or two. Roger seemed pissed after MXON, and from where I sit I'd give my left nut to ride half as good as Dungey, but constantly being second has to get in your head too...

• Like 1

Makes sense, it's crazy that he seems to be having trouble. No major crashes (that we know of), just seems to be off a click or two. Roger seemed pissed after MXON, and from where I sit I'd give my left nut to ride half as good as Dungey, but constantly being second has to get in your head too...

oh it does.. just ask Reedy lol