Sign in to follow this  

Summers Fork Brace-Instructions

If it's the type that uses a two piece clamp on either fork and a top connecting plate then it's pretty simple.  Install the screws into the fork clamps first, but don't tighten.  Then set the the top brace in place and set the screws loose just like you did with the clamps.  Then once everything is aligned you can tighten up the fork clamps.  After that you go ahead and snug up the 4 top brace screws in a cross pattern like you would the lugs on a car wheel.  This comes from the instructions I have from the Paolo Tarozzi fork clamp I recently installed on my XL600R.

2013-10-11161027_zps26c8e76f.jpg

Edited by Carter Pewterschmidt

If it's the type that uses a two piece clamp on either fork and a top connecting plate then it's pretty simple.  Install the screws into the fork clamps first, but don't tighten.  Then set the the top brace in place and set the screws loose just like you did with the clamps.  Then once everything is aligned you can tighten up the fork clamps.  After that you go ahead and snug up the 4 top brace screws in a cross pattern like you would the lugs on a car wheel.  This comes from the instructions I have from the Paolo Tarozzi fork clamp I recently installed on my XL600R.

2013-10-11161027_zps26c8e76f.jpg

Is that one plastic?

The SRC brace is billet aluminum and doesn't have a separate center piece. I have one on my 600 and, amazingly, with the original fork skins and plastic guards. My  bike is like a time machine from 1998. :cool:

It looks a lot like the Suzuki model on this page: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2001/06/08june01modified2001drz250/

Edited by HeadTrauma

Is that one plastic?

No, kinda thought the same thing when I first took it out of the box, but it is actually cast aluminum.  It uses some odd powdery flat black coating that likes to rub off on your hands.  Might eventually have it powder coated myself or repaint it.