1998 xr70r

my friend for a xr70 and it smokes and it looks like there is oil in the pipe? idk how that would get in there lol. is there anything else.

Just a guess but probably a bad piston/rings

Just a guess but probably a bad piston/rings

With what little info you have given, that would be the best place to start.  Replace the piston and rings and give the cylinder a light honing before getting it all back together.

It could also be bad valve seals, but if you get a complete top end gasket kit, you can replace those also.  This can easily be done with simple tools and will cost about $100 to $150 for the parts depending on what you get.

im looking for the easiest way out. like what happeneds if we rip it around with it smokin? but it only smokes sometimes and sometimes its normal O.o

Well, it will eventually wear down the rings enough to where it will lose compression and no longer start or run properly.  You could also get scoring in the cylinder and require replacement for it or boring it out.  If it burns all the oil, then you could have some real issues.

Bottom line is its an issue that needs addressed.  Either pay a little now and get it done, or pay a lot more later.

Ride it till it dies

Another XR70 is like $400 used for a good one

I just bought one for $100 - parting it out

Edited by arthur6

Ride it till it dies

Another XR70 is like $400 used for a good one

I just bought one for $100 - parting it out

Heck, you don;t want to that.  Kind of hard to be the cool kid when you have a bike that smokes like a chimney.  :lol: