Bead blasting triple clamps

This may be a stupid question...

Will it compromise the integrity of the triple clamps if I use a bead/media blaster to remove factory paint? I bought new triples to go with my SSS setup and they have a few wear spots. Im thinking I can blast them and then shine them up and make them look pretty slick. Am I over thinking the whole deal?

You are grossly over thinking the whole thing.  If you use glass media to blast the factory paint off, it will strip it to bare metal in just a few minutes inside the blast cabinet.  Then you can clean and polish or prime and repaint to your heart's content.

Avoid using silicon based blasting media as it tends to be more aggressive and there is a small chance that you could cause some pitting to the metal surface.  It is a very small chance though.

Edited by USED YZ426F

Yes, your over thinking it. As a matter of fact, Renthal shot blasts there handlebars to strengthen them!!! It removes any internal stresses from the bending process.

Awsome! To the blasting cabinet they go. Thanks for the replys

Yes, your over thinking it. As a matter of fact, Renthal shot blasts there handlebars to strengthen them!!! It removes any internal stresses from the bending process.

Shot peening isn't really the same as bead blasting. The shot is there to slightly compress the outer layer of the part, slightly strengthening it, while blasting it takes the softest layer off.

Yup, I know that. It's what I do for a living. Thanks

Awsome! To the blasting cabinet they go. Thanks for the replys

Before and After pics are a must.

Yup, I know that. It's what I do for a living. Thanks

good

then let Renthal know that texture messes up the throttle tube action on some OEM tubes that are designed to slide on the bare bar 

thx  lol

Edited by Zimman

Personally, I hate the throttle side sticker, which messes up the action!!!