Sign in to follow this  

Brand new bike

I'm looking into buying a brand new bike.  Never bought new before.  My question is, for those who have...  Is it better to wait till the holidays or closer to the riding season or buy right now because it just doesn't matter.  i would like to buy now so I could set it up over the winter.  I'm looking at the 2014 yz250f.  I mostly rode yz450f but I think i may want to try competing and think I would do better with a 250f.

Best time is to wait till 2015 models come out, good rebates on non current bikes can be found. That being said, you always take a shit kicking in depreciation on new models. Another idea is eye CL. From time to time you can find new models with little to no hours on them for quite cheap!

• Like 1

I'm not sure about new from a dealer, but the absolute best time to buy a bike from a private party, even if it's only a couple months old, is December to February. Right before Christmas people are scrounging for money for Christmas so they give a good deal on their bike. After Christmas everyone is broke and need money for bills.

Best time is to wait till 2015 models come out, good rebates on non current bikes can be found. That being said, you always take a shit kicking in depreciation on new models. Another idea is eye CL. From time to time you can find new models with little to no hours on them for quite cheap!

what do you mean by eye cl?