TTR 110 fuel tank on a TTR 90?

My sons TTR90 fuel tank has cracked in two different places. Used tanks appear to few and far between. The TTR 110 is much easier to find.  I know the bikes are very similar.  Will the TTR 110 fuel tank fit on the TTR 90 frame? I know the fairings are different, but I can buy a 110 tank and fairings cheaper than a 90 tank.  Anyone have any knowledge or suggestions?

I'm in the same boat! did you ever find out? I'd much rather pay $35 for a new ttr110 tank than $200 for a crappy used 90 tank.

Anybody got an answer to this I also need a tank for bike I am doing up for grandkids 110 tanks are much easier to get.

Hey guys, I see this is an older thread that got revived but I may be able to help. I have a ttr 90 and a 110 in the garage right now, I'll check in the morning and let you guys know what I find

Well here is what I found. The tank fits right on the frame like a glove, but the seat and rear plastics would be a problem. You would without a oubt have to use the 110 seat with the 110 tank, then you would need new seat mounts, and at that point I'm not how well the 90 rear plastics would work. I'm sure it could be done, and that 110 tank sure breathes some life into the looks of the 90, plus with the new seat it would give you a more favorable seating position. Basically if you can make new seat mounts, and maybe some other fabricating I think it can be done ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444938050.720095.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444938081.952495.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444938140.510704.jpg

Great to see some actual tech on this. Seems like this is such a common issue on the ttr line up, I can't believe yamaha or someone hasnt stepped up and produced a realistic replacement option. I picked up a ttr90 for my little sister to have and the tank is shot, so looking for options as well. I like the idea of the ttr 110 tank. Do you think that if custom brackets were made for that tank that it could be positioned in a way to work with the factory 90 seat and rear?

Great to see some actual tech on this. Seems like this is such a common issue on the ttr line up, I can't believe yamaha or someone hasnt stepped up and produced a realistic replacement option. I picked up a ttr90 for my little sister to have and the tank is shot, so looking for options as well. I like the idea of the ttr 110 tank. Do you think that if custom brackets were made for that tank that it could be positioned in a way to work with the factory 90 seat and rear?

I don't think the 90 seat would work on the 110 tank, the 90 seat sit much steeper in the front than the 110. Unless you could maybe get the front of the seat down, then maybe

I have a 2003 ttr90 and it needs some work now. I have found the parts are all hard to find. So I was thinking about converting it to the 110 also. I see the tank situation. How about the front fender and number plate? I also need a carb. What mm? It's just a stock 90. Maybe if any one has some extra parts laying around? lol worth a shot. Thank you