Project vehicles

Anybody have one that they are almost done or still working on? I would like to get a vehicle to restore but I dont know what Im looking for.

Get a Jeep.

I'm building my Motovan / Tow Rig / Zombie Killer vehicle

20121110_133745.jpg

I'm building my Motovan / Tow Rig / Zombie Killer vehicle

Posted Image

Does it have weaponry and cupholders?

cupholders,

It will be like the EM50 on stripes when its done. (not knowing how old you are buy you might know what it is..)

stripes664a.jpg">

1987 Bronco II that is about to have a 400hp 2.3L turbo I4 dropped into it. 7" of lift on 33's. At the same time, a 1987 Ranger standard cab short bed with another 2.3 turbo in it. Both were complete frame off restorations, everything done at my house.

then the XR250/277/284cc rebuild I am starting this weekend.

Yes, I am indeed the village idiot of my area.

1987 Bronco II that is about to have a 400hp 2.3L turbo I4 dropped into it. 7" of lift on 33's. At the same time, a 1987 Ranger standard cab short bed with another 2.3 turbo in it. Both were complete frame off restorations, everything done at my house.

then the XR250/277/284cc rebuild I am starting this weekend.

Yes, I am indeed the village idiot of my area.

Post some pictures,

Just picked this up, i will eventually be doing a full updated/upgraded interior.  Not positive or sure about paint scheme yet, but i have a long way to go with it.  It has a 400m motor in it now, in 2-3 years i'll drop a 12v cummins to repower it.  And yes, it is 4wd =D

IMG_2142_zps9b450737.jpg

IMG_2140_zpsedab1e7c.jpg

IMG_2154_zps43e5f25d.jpg

....... i will eventually be doing a full updated/upgraded interior.....

IMG_2154_zps43e5f25d.jpg

What's wrong with the interior it has now? :p  :lol:

67' mustang fastback...289 3 speed all original everything. Motor is finished, starting the body soon. I'm helping my old high school autoshop teacher with it, I go down to the school when I can and to his house to work on it. Wish I had some pictures.

71 GMC k2500. It's got factory AC, buckets, and even a tach(was a rare option in these trucks). While the outside is a little rough, the truck is completely original, the dash hasn't even cut to replace the old AM radio. I haven't even started the project let alone finish it. My goal is to (eventually) restore the truck while keeping it almost completely stock.

Get a Jeep.

Jeeps are good project vehicles because they almost always need work.

Jeeps are good project vehicles because they almost always need work.

haha :rolleyes:

Get a Jeep.

I love mine had her for over 20 years. I treat her like a $20 dollar hooker. Constant project.

Edited by Dune bum

Jeeps, old Range Rovers or pickups. I just got an Isuzu TFR LS pick-up truck as a project. 2.8 litre turbo diesel, 4x4 and runs well.

Just picked this up, i will eventually be doing a full updated/upgraded interior.  Not positive or sure about paint scheme yet, but i have a long way to go with it.  It has a 400m motor in it now, in 2-3 years i'll drop a 12v cummins to repower it.  And yes, it is 4wd =D

IMG_2142_zps9b450737.jpg

I saw that on Craigslist and was lusting over it. Glad someone here got it. 

Big Coon I've got a cool vehicle for sale that just needs the finishing touches done to it.  http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4073436014.html

photobucket-31804-1350425953709_zps054a3

I saw that on Craigslist and was lusting over it. Glad someone here got it.

Big Coon I've got a cool vehicle for sale that just needs the finishing touches done to it. http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4073436014.html

Posted Image

I have to pass. You're a 1000 miles away!

That's just a hop skip and a jump. The car was 1,750 miles away from me in Utah when I bought it. :)

1968 AMC AMX - Full tube chassis - a ways away from completion

If its a first restoration get something simple IMO.

Jeeps, Landies, Toyota pickups and suzuki 4x4s, such as a samurai all get my vote.

Why suzuki: mechanicals don't really get simpler, and the parts are small and easy to manage on your own. They are also very effective for 4 wheeling.

I'm pretty biased though.  :devil:

Other than that, carbed RWD v8?