For those with a TrailTech Voyager...

Did you use the Beta speedo cable or the TT cable?

I used the TT (because the connector plugs into the Voyager) and when I get over 65mph, my speedo flatlines at zero.

TT said to try a stronger magnet, and American Beta said to try and move the cable sensor closer to the magnet... neither are easy. The TT magnet is too wide to fit in the Beta magnet's hole.

This isn't a huge deal, but I don't like how my odometer isn't incrementing when I'm going fast. I'm not too concerned with how fast I'm going.

George installed the TT and left the stock speedo unit alone (and working.). He fabricated a holder for the sensor If I get a chance I'll take a pic and post it. He used the upper bolt on the brake unit to attach, then it angled flat over the top of the brake but at the right angle to intersect with the magnet in the disc. He welded a small holder on the end to hold the sensor. Didn't look too close but I believe the one magnet (original) drives both units.

RPM counter on TT is OK on steady speeds but off on hard or moderate acceleration.

MPH and ODO are close....1mph lower IIRC.

Edited by glangston

I also left my stock cable plugged into speedo, I just use gps signal for for miles and speed data on Voyager.

You guys run the stock speedo along with the Voyager? Doesn't seem like there would be enough room for that.

I removed my stock speedo because it was broken (so was the bracket). My dealer gave me a new speedo (the old kind- without an adjustable odometer), but I didn't use it. I'm only running the Voyager (but not using the gps functions yet).

Wow, you've got the Voyager mounted pretty close to you- I'm sure I'm slam into that! (I've hit my head on my Garmin many times, haha.)

I think I figured out what will work... the TT bolt doesn't screw into the caliper far enough. I cut the TT cable and attached the Beta bolt, but I screwed it in too far. When I unscrewed it, the "cable" detached (broke) off the bolt. So, I guess I'm going to order a new Beta cable and cut it at the top, and use the TT connector so it plugs into the Voyager.

Why don't they make these bolts so they turn independently of the cable? It would make working with them sooo much easier. 

Wow, you've got the Voyager mounted pretty close to you- I'm sure I'm slam into that! (I've hit my head on my Garmin many times, haha.)

I think I figured out what will work... the TT bolt doesn't screw into the caliper far enough. I cut the TT cable and attached the Beta bolt, but I screwed it in too far. When I unscrewed it, the "cable" detached (broke) off the bolt. So, I guess I'm going to order a new Beta cable and cut it at the top, and use the TT connector so it plugs into the Voyager.

Why don't they make these bolts so they turn independently of the cable? It would make working with them sooo much easier. 

Mines there too, plenty of room on the 520