old gas in tank

I have an 09 WR450. Its been sitting in my barn for almost 1 year with gas in the tank.  Obviously with todays gas, she wont start up.  I have drained the tank.  do I need to drop the bowl and clean main jet etc to get her to fire again?  Or will some fresh gas fire her back up. Thanks

I would open 'er up! That gas can leave a nice varnish and if it did, replace all the jets and give it a good clean.

Good luck and let's here how it works!

Take bowl off and clean up all parts, use break cleaner and compressed air through all passages and install a new pilot jet.

Take bowl off and clean up all parts, use break cleaner and compressed air through all passages and install a new pilot jet.

The pilot jet is the most critical because the passage is the narrowest, to control low fuel idle RPMs.  I've had to replace pilots before for this reason, but only on smaller motors.  On bikes with 250+ cc, you can usually blow it clean with carb cleaner and compressed air.

One pilot jet on my old Gasser 300 was so clogged I couldn't get it cleaned.  So I sprayed the corner of an oil pan with carb cleaner, tilted the pan on its side to collect the carb cleaner in the corner, and let the jet soak in carb cleaner overnight.  Compressed air cleaned it out in one shot the next morning.  Try that if you ever have pilot issues.