Part Swap for dirt bike

Hey guys I was wondering if a 2003 yz250f bottom end Wisceo bottom end repair kit would fit in a 2002 yz250f stock motor? Thanks I just bought this bike and it needs a bottom end. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey guys I was wondering if a 2003 yz250f bottom end Wisceo bottom end repair kit would fit in a 2002 yz250f stock motor? Thanks I just bought this bike and it needs a bottom end. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

go on a parts fiche and compare part numbers between the two years.  If they match then yes if not then no.  You could also just call wiseco and ask.  Another thing I should point out is that wiseco bottom ends are china made crap.  Your best bet will be to go all OEM or send you crank off to a well known builder who can rebuild your original crank with aftermarket Japanese equivalents to OEM. 

How is wosceo crap? Atleast they work.

No it won't work in 03 they changed the crank the bottom end bearing is bigger

Search on TT for "wiseco crank explosion" or "wiseco crank failure" you find many instances of people having wiseco cranks grenade with very low hours on them. Wiseco pistons = made in the USA and high quality. Wiseco cranks = made in china and very low quality.

Ge your crank rebuilt with a pro-x rod which is made in Japan or go OEM which is also made in Japan. The money saved on the wiseco setup is simply not worth the risk.

I am buying an OEM crank with OEM bearing and OEM gaskets form ebay new seperate for my bike instead of a whole kit

I am buying an OEM crank with OEM bearing and OEM gaskets form ebay new seperate for my bike instead of a whole kit

Good choice. You won't regret that decision.

Is that a good idea though to buy them seperate?

Is that a good idea though to buy them seperate?

For OEM parts you have to buy everything separate. Yamaha does not sell kits containing all OEM parts. You have to know what you need and pick them one by one from an OEM parts dealer. I always keep a paper and pencil with me as I am disassembling and make note of all the new parts I need to buy.

BTW what is a crf250(x) is the x for expert?

BTW what is a crf250(x) is the x for expert?

haha no I am no expert.  The X is Hondas marking for the offroad version of the crf250r.  It has e-start, kickstand, headlight, and softer suspension whereas the R has none of that stuff.

Ahh ok thx man