Sign in to follow this  

2014 crf 250 with stock exhaust

I just recently assembled a bike and tuned it I used a 14-1 piston a hand port job no flow testing a cam profile that I used in the carbed models and does not require over size buckets and a spring kit with tool steel retainers .we kept the stock exhaust systema tuned it with vp t4 fuel  I managed 40.6 hp and 21.6 torque not bad for a stock exhaust.Image (193).jpg  click on graph to enlarge

Edited by Ron Hamp

Thanks for posting Ron. What do you expect a exhaust to add to your gains and will you be dialing in a cam set up as well?

I just tested with vp mxro1 fuel and gained .7 of a hp peak but way more over rev the pro 6 fuel or sx4+ would be even better as I said this is the cam im having made for this application it uses a lobe from 1 that I developed in 2006 for the carbed model and a exhaust lobe that matches the same valve action for the 2014 because they  diferent rocker ratios not bad for a $1500 packageImage (194).jpgImage (193).jpg

Thanks for the data, dyno graphs are a great tool, especially a before and after mods test on the same dyno.

Do you have the fuel and spark programming nailed down, yet, with an iteration or two or dyno and/or riding testing?

Edited by Eddie8v

:thumbsup: We started this racing thing 11 years ago and all I can say is that's the best 1500.00 I ever spent. THIS BIKE IS TRUELY A ROCKET.

The bike kicked ass in an Ohio race this weekend

Do you have the fuel and spark programming nailed down, yet, with an iteration or two or dyno and/or riding testing?

I have ecu maps for this build

Did you do a run completely stock? If so what were the numbers from your dyno? just curious