Sign in to follow this  

2006 CR250 not running properly from mid to full throttle range

Hi

Could anyone assist with a problem with my CR250 please. It starts to breakdown from mid throttle with similar feel to leaving the choke on.

I have replaced the spark plug, put fresh fuel in, checked the reeds, power valve and electrical connections. The main jet is not blocked and needle clip connected properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could check.

Thank you

Edited by rjr05

Could be detonating. Depends on your elevation, my 02 CR250 did the same thing when I took it to the dunes at sea level. It ran fine at 800 and up, but at sea level it would never run right without 50/50 mix of race gas.

So my guess is try a 50/50 mix and see if that helps!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will try each one as part of eliminations.

What is your current jetting, before you make any changes to it you need to know what your running now.

You could be running a bit lean with the cooler temps of the fall, what's the plug read

+1 on being too rich. I would start by dropping the clip position on the needle by 1. What are you running for a main?

Edited by carters2

+1 on being too rich. I would start by dropping the clip position on the needle by 1. What are you running for a main?

I think you mean raise the clip so it lowers the needle....which in turn leans it.

You may also want to make sure the plugs lead wire shows no corrosion.

I think you mean raise the clip so it lowers the needle....which in turn leans it.

You may also want to make sure the plugs lead wire shows no corrosion.

Whoops!  Yup you are right.  I have not had my coffee yet today.

Did this bike run well before this problem started? If so, did you make any changes before the problem started?

Did this bike run well before this problem started? If so, did you make any changes before the problem started?

The bike was running fine up until a couple of weeks ago. On that day there was a lot of water around. It ran fine all day, gave it a good clean after the ride, then when I took it out again two weeks later, the problem stated.

I am beginning to think that some moisture may have got in somewhere.

The weather has not changed that much to affect the jetting and we ride in the same place.

Now it does not run crisp and surges from about mid range.

You put fresh fuel in.....did u drain the tank or top it up?

Might have water in the bottom of the fuel tank that's making its way into the carb?

Another thing to check is the carby vent hoses for mud or blocks

Bike seems to running ok now. Looks like it was moisture causing the problem. Thanks everyone for your help.