Sign in to follow this  

?'s on 2014 250 SXF

I was recently quoted a real good price (at least I think) on a new 2014 KTM 250 SXF and have a few questions I  hope someone can answer.  First I'm 54 ride/play mostly on MX tracks, open trails, and sometimes chase rider behind the grandkids on their 50, 65, and 85's.  Now to the questions....How good is  power in the mid-range?  How well does the bike turn and handle?  Will it over heat putting behind the grandkids?  How well does the starter work?  I would greatly appreciate and answers or input; thanks John.

I was recently quoted a real good price (at least I think) on a new 2014 KTM 250 SXF and have a few questions I hope someone can answer. First I'm 54 ride/play mostly on MX tracks, open trails, and sometimes chase rider behind the grandkids on their 50, 65, and 85's. Now to the questions....How good is power in the mid-range? How well does the bike turn and handle? Will it over heat putting behind the grandkids? How well does the starter work? I would greatly appreciate and answers or input; thanks John.

1. Power .......

2. Bike handles great as long as it is balanced.... Not always easy to accomplish.

3. No overheat issues. But all 4 strokes are not happy idling for any amount of time.

4. Starter is heavenly.

Edited by steve841
  • Like 1

Any of the modern mx bikes will get hot crawling along first gear speeds. They need airflow to keep them cool as long as its atleast like medium second gear speed most of the time it will be fine. Just keep in mind not to slip the clutch a whole lot while crawling around as that can hheat up the oil and engine.

Mid-top power the ktm is unreal. Brakes are best in class handling is up there as well, suspension is sensitive to adjustment and set up needs to be spot on for you to get along with it

• Like 1

Wow thanks for the fast answers Steve and YZ133rider. I asked these question over on KTM talk a couple of days ago and never got any answers. I have a 2010 Husky TC250 now but it's kick start only and I just want a new bike. I can putt/crawl with that bike and it's never boiled so maybe the KTM will do the same for me. LOL I had an 07 Honda 450r that would get hot just thinking about stopping! Thanks again. btw does $6,699.00 OTD sound like a good price?

Does sound like a great price. There are 2013 tc250s available new for 4400 out the door if interested pm me they are a huge step up from the 2010 and injected, kayaba suspension the best in the industry in my opinoon.

Also Steve quoted the hp for a 450, the 250f is low to mid 40hp for the 250sxf

• Like 1

Yeah I knew they didn't have that kind of power and 40 is plenty!  Pm on the way, thanks.

1. Power is very linear..... 55+ hp, you'll enjoy it.

2. Bike handles great as long as it is balanced.... Not always easy to accomplish.

3. No overheat issues. But all 4 strokes are not happy idling for any amount of time.

4. Starter is heavenly.

55hp outta a 250f?

55hp outta a 250f?

Crap... my bad!

Dont get old people ... eyes are the first to go!

Can I ask where you found that bike for that cheap? Everybody around here is around the 8g mark out the door. I'm also very interested in this bike and would like to know if it's close enough for me to go drive and get it.

I was recently quoted a real good price (at least I think) on a new 2014 KTM 250 SXF and have a few questions I hope someone can answer. First I'm 54 ride/play mostly on MX tracks, open trails, and sometimes chase rider behind the grandkids on their 50, 65, and 85's. Now to the questions....How good is power in the mid-range? How well does the bike turn and handle? Will it over heat putting behind the grandkids? How well does the starter work? I would greatly appreciate and answers or input; thanks John.

can i recommend a 250xcf?

Can I ask where you found that bike for that cheap? Everybody around here is around the 8g mark out the door. I'm also very interested in this bike and would like to know if it's close enough for me to go drive and get it.

Ridersville in WV.

can i recommend a 250xcf?

I think you are right and I just started looking into them; thanks.

I've bought three bikes from him and sent him probably 8-10 friends to get bikes and ATV's over the past 3 or 4 years.    It is nice to know he was giving me a good deal though.  I really like dealing with an owner that can give you a price right on the spot and no BS or hidden cost.

Yeah a lot of dealers like to add set up and delivery fees. Actually if you look at price sheets they're designed to be added in. Some do, some don't. I guess in areas they can they do. In this part of the country it would be hard to sell one that way. 

Yeah I once drove two hours to a VA Husky dealer to get a new 2009 WR250 after I was quoted an OTD price.  Once there and they had the paperwork ready the price jumped by $500,00 or so.  I said what's the deal I was quoted a lower price?  They just sat there,  looked stupid,  and said "well we always charge freight and prep"  I said that's cool let someone else pay you for that I'm not after I was quoted an OTD price so good luck with the sale!  My wife was embarrassed and just wanted me to go back inside and pay the extra money...I didn't and they kept that bike for a long  long time; heck they may still have it.  I like straight  up honest dealers and that's were my money will be spent.