quick jetting question

post can be deleted if i can get a quick answer... sent craig a pm an hour ago and havent heard back...

got my mrd/ssw in the mail today so im tearing it apart... just got the carb out and surpisingly wasnt as bad to get it out as i thought it would be...

jetting specs please.... 2000ft elevation only mod will be the mrd/ssw 3x3 is cut... in southwest virginia in the mountains... its been kinda dry this summer but getting a little wet as of lately... so i would say about average humidity? 

my friend down the road has the same bike exact same setup and is jetted for 1000ft.... is there going to be a difference in the 2 or not? he is at 160 main stock pilot blue needle clip 3 fuel screw 2.25 turns... 

like i said just looking for a few quick answers so i can finish the install and hear this pipe! 

BSR? JD kit? Extended screw? Open pipe?

If all answers are "yes", then your friends recipe is probably good for you, too.

BSR? JD kit? Extended screw? Open pipe?

If all answers are "yes", then your friends recipe is probably good for you, too.

crap i knew i forgot some details yes to all of them (mrd/ssw) specifically on the pipe... i noticed a couple posts from craig in the past with similar stats and he has said 4th clip on the blue needle... what would be the difference in 3rd and 4th clip? 

3rd is leaner, 4th is richer, in the mid-range.

I'm no expert. But, I'm at the 3rd position and everything is smooth. Now, I'm in Savannah and at sea level, you may wanna try a bit richer, to start, as you're higher and it is getting colder. It's up to you.

Edited by blakestree

cool deal thinks for the quick input! after talking to my friend as well i think im going to try the 4th clip and see if there is a difference between our bikes... mods feel free to delete this or not im sure ill be back on with results and more questions lol

i think im going to try the 4th clip and see if there is a difference between our bikes...

:thumbsup:  Sounds like a good plan.

First, not sure if this where I should be posting this as I'm not real familiar with this forum. I also have a jetting question.  I have a 2013 that I bought brand new...at 300 miles installed JD jet kit 3x3 mod.  Bike seemed to have excellent mid-range, did not seem very good low end and top end, but I've never ridden this model bike before so not sure how they are top end to begin with.  Since it was not broke in, was not running it hard.  Now I have 1200 miles on it and I have drilled the stock exhaust tip out 1 1/4". Finally decided to try to get it to run a little better.  Today I had air box cover off and took it for a short ride.  It seemed much better off idle response but of course ran crappy mid-range and top end.  Called JD's they said to richen it up by moving the clip on the needle to the bottom groove which to me, seems backwards.  Since taking the air box off makes it lean, why would richening it up help the low end when it ran better with the air box cover off at low end?  I have the red needle  on the third groove from the top and 155 main jet and whatever pilot jet came with the kit.  Also have the adjustable idle mixture screw two turns out.  any suggestions cause to me richening it doesn't seem correct.  I'm at 2000 feet elevation and the temp is in the 50's.  Also, does this bike have a rev limiter? If it does, it runs out of power long before it gets to it. Thanks.  If there is a more appropriate location to post this, please let me know.

First, not sure if this where I should be posting this as I'm not real familiar with this forum. I also have a jetting question.  I have a 2013 that I bought brand new...at 300 miles installed JD jet kit 3x3 mod.  Bike seemed to have excellent mid-range, did not seem very good low end and top end, but I've never ridden this model bike before so not sure how they are top end to begin with.  Since it was not broke in, was not running it hard.  Now I have 1200 miles on it and I have drilled the stock exhaust tip out 1 1/4". Finally decided to try to get it to run a little better.  Today I had air box cover off and took it for a short ride.  It seemed much better off idle response but of course ran crappy mid-range and top end.  Called JD's they said to richen it up by moving the clip on the needle to the bottom groove which to me, seems backwards.  Since taking the air box off makes it lean, why would richening it up help the low end when it ran better with the air box cover off at low end?  I have the red needle  on the third groove from the top and 155 main jet and whatever pilot jet came with the kit.  Also have the adjustable idle mixture screw two turns out.  any suggestions cause to me richening it doesn't seem correct.  I'm at 2000 feet elevation and the temp is in the 50's.  Also, does this bike have a rev limiter? If it does, it runs out of power long before it gets to it. Thanks.  If there is a more appropriate location to post this, please let me know.

Use blue needle , clip 3.....155 main jet

22.5 pilot jet with extended fuel screw or 25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw

2.75 turns