Sign in to follow this  

Washington Pipe Repair

I'm sure this is covered here somewhere but Ill ask any way. Riding a 2 stroke again and already got a good dent in the pipe. Is there anyone local (Monroe) that pops dents out of 2 stroke pipes?

I'm sure this is covered here somewhere but Ill ask any way. Riding a 2 stroke again and already got a good dent in the pipe. Is there anyone local (Monroe) that pops dents out of 2 stroke pipes?

I had good results with the freezer trick on my 4 stroke pipe last week.  I can elaborate on that if you need.

Thanks Lenny K, this dent is in the small part before the expansion chamber. think it will need heat and pressure. More than I'm willing to attempt.

Gary Turner used to remove dents as I recall.

Have not seen him for a lot of years. Would sure be glad to give him the business.

eric waunch has done this for me many times over the years,  i believe he's in woodinville area or perhaps a little further north.

eric@ewmxschools.com

Edited by DRS

Buy some marine plugs the ones with the wing nut use a rubber plug you fit with a valve stem on the other side of the pipe put like 10 to 15 psi then hit with a blow torch make sure to safety wire both sides in or it could get dangerous

Thanks Jackazz and I remember you saying "hey that was already there" as we tossed my new baby over that log... ok, I think I remember the place. OOps, I wouldnt even worry about it except where its at it closes off about half the exhaust.

If you're in eastern WA I have all the gear to do it and i would be glad to help you out for free. 

Thanks, Im in Monroe or I would sure take you up on that. Eric is close so might go that route. Thanks for all the reply every one. I might just have to set myself up if I keep trying to hang with the crazies.

Let me know how it turns out Tom, or maybe you can take mine and get a 2fer discount :lol:

*at least get back to me if the guy worked out or not.  Mine is a couple years worth of dents.  :rolleyes:

Thanks Jackazz and I remember you saying "hey that was already there" as we tossed my new baby over that log... ok, I think I remember the place. OOps, I wouldnt even worry about it except where its at it closes off about half the exhaust.

Was it on that last trail when you went 'sploring above the log crossing??

Was it on that last trail when you went 'sploring above the log crossing??

That be the one, Ill have to take ya with me next time.. Well not much different thn the trail that led up to it... good stuff

Don't bother fixing it yet Tom! We're going to go up that trail next weekend.......

HA Ha!!! Better hit that first then. Ill bring the come a long and a lunch.

• Like 1