Clutch issues

Well im stuck. When the bike is cold the clutch bites how i set it. But once its gets like hot hot the clutch seems to be always engaged will the lever pulled in at lights i can here to clutch ir pads grinding and it wants to pull forwards.

Do you have too much cable slack, try reducing it a bit.

No its fine? But when iv ridden is for like 30min its seems to be always biting like the clutch plates are sticking?

No its fine? But when iv ridden is for like 30min its seems to be always biting like the clutch plates are sticking?

Well the plates never fully disengage, there is always a small amount of friction between them. However when riding that shouldn't be apparent... you pull in the clutch and the bike should stay still and the engine RPM shouldn't dip.

Like I said try reducing the play a little, you only need about a nickels worth of play. If that doesn't work then something is preventing the clutch from disengaging. I would check the cable, clutch arm, is the clutch lever aftermarket and/or the perch?

Well the plates never fully disengage, there is always a small amount of friction between them. However when riding that shouldn't be apparent... you pull in the clutch and the bike should stay still and the engine RPM shouldn't dip.

Like I said try reducing the play a little, you only need about a nickels worth of play. If that doesn't work then something is preventing the clutch from disengaging. I would check the cable, clutch arm, is the clutch lever aftermarket and/or the perch?

once the oil is hot will this affect it? Might be best to adjust after a long ride? And its oem

once the oil is hot will this affect it? Might be best to adjust after a long ride? And its oem

There is a change as the bike heats up, drive and driven disks expand.. but normally there is sufficient slack in the level/cable that only the clutch pull/ feel/ engagement point changes, not an actually difference in if the clutch drags while level is pulled (or slips when lever released)

I've seen clutch issues like you describe when cables are not free to move in the housing, some brands of aftermarket disks used, installers use aftermarket kits that don't use the OEM anti judder spring, but leave it in place anyway... or OEM type disks installed incorrectly with or without the OEM anti judder spring.