Sign in to follow this  

Klx140 vs Crf150f

I'm an older pit bike racer (48) and I currently own two klx110's I'm looking at building a bigger mini...17 inch class. Between the KLX140 or the CRF150F which bike has a better base starting point? I've read a few posts here and it seems like suspension is a fairly easy modification by either adding the cr85 or the kx85 stuff. Seems like the forks are a direct bolt on. Which rear suspension is easier to do on which bike? I've also noticed that there may be more options for the Honda Motor then the Kawasaki motor. Any info you guys have would be great! Thank you!

I'm an older pit bike racer (48) and I currently own two klx110's I'm looking at building a bigger mini...17 inch class. Between the KLX140 or the CRF150F which bike has a better base starting point? I've read a few posts here and it seems like suspension is a fairly easy modification by either adding the cr85 or the kx85 stuff. Seems like the forks are a direct bolt on. Which rear suspension is easier to do on which bike? I've also noticed that there may be more options for the Honda Motor then the Kawasaki motor. Any info you guys have would be great! Thank you!

get a Honda XR or CRF 100

Get a crf150f any day!!! Dont get a crf 100 that bike is slower than the 110

you know absolutely nothing about bikes do you ? A xr or crf100. Blows away any 110.

you know absolutely nothing about bikes do you ? A xr or crf100. Blows away any 110.

a 110 will get the holeshot but the 100 will get it at the end because of its top speed.. but im trying to say 100's are slow and you will not have no fun with that. Get a crf150

a 110 will get the holeshot but the 100 will get it at the end because of its top speed.. but im trying to say 100's are slow and you will not have no fun with that. Get a crf150

how old are you? Just curious.

I have had fully modded XRs and fully modded KLXs and the XRs in stock form are faster and accelerate quicker then a modded klx, the modded xr will kill the klx. XRs are sweet bikes, the crf150f 's are heavy as hell, have electric start(just adds weight , plus it has no kick start) and the klx 140 would be a better option then the crf150f but the xr or crf100 would be best decision , I used to race pitbikes reall hard for several years.

how old are you? Just curious.

I have had fully modded XRs and fully modded KLXs and the XRs in stock form are faster and accelerate quicker then a modded klx, the modded xr will kill the klx. XRs are sweet bikes, the crf150f 's are heavy as hell, have electric start(just adds weight , plus it has no kick start) and the klx 140 would be a better option then the crf150f but the xr or crf100 would be best decision , I used to race pitbikes reall hard for several years.

im 18 my friend had a 08 crf150 i was a great bike and it only had a kick start .. the 13 klx 140 is the one with out a kickstart ...

I have ktm 125 sx now and i have beatin 250f .. and i have a 11 klx 110l .. to me a crf 100 is a slow trail bike and a crf150 is a race bike

I have ktm 125 sx now and i have beatin 250f .. and i have a 11 klx 110l .. to me a crf 100 is a slow trail bike and a crf150 is a race bike

you are thinking about the CRF 150r wich is a race bike, the crf150f(the one the op is considering) is a strict trail bike..

you are thinking about the CRF 150r wich is a race bike, the crf150f(the one the op is considering) is a strict trail bike..

yeah i was thinking about the r .. soo im not sure about the f

im 18 my friend had a 08 crf150 i was a great bike and it only had a kick start .. the 13 klx 140 is the one with out a kickstart ...

Ummm.... and 08 150f has electric start.

Now, I'm no expert, but I think that the OP is talking about the 150f, especially since he is talking about the klx140. These two bikes are in the same league.

The 150r would blow all of these out of the water! Except the 2t 85s.

• Like 1

I used to own a crf150f and I liked it better then my cousins 140l but the 140l is way lighter so get that

the klx 110 is a trail bike to. i have a crf100 with fmf exhaust and it beats my friend's ttr125 all day. plus the xr is biger then the klx110