Clutch Cable at case

Anyone have an issue with the black seal popping out where it meets the case (under the little bootie)? Have had it happen a few times and noticed some oil covering the stator cover. I just pushed it back down, checked the oil through the sight glass and kept going.

Mine is always popped off at the case, it bugs me but I don't think it is truly causing any internal damage. Would live to find a good solution.

Mine is always popped off at the case, it bugs me but I don't think it is truly causing any internal damage. Would live to find a good solution.

If you find or hear of a way let me know. It's a PITA... Edited by GreenHornet450

I zip Ty it or safety wire it.

touch-o-blue glue and safety wire works nice

put on the zip ties at both ends, we'll see how it holds up on the ride tomorrow. thanks for remind me that i needed to do something about the cable boot.

put on the zip ties at both ends, we'll see how it holds up on the ride tomorrow. thanks for remind me that i needed to do something about the cable boot.

It's just not the boot, but the circular seal that seals the cable going into the case.

zip ties held at both ends, why was I so lazy to not do this earlier....

zip ties held at both ends, why was I so lazy to not do this earlier....

I'm going to try that today for Tomorrow's ride.

He's talking about the lip seal popping out, not the rubber boot/dust cover.

I would imagine a tiny drop of Super Glue would hold it in place, around the outside of the seal. Carefully clean it first to remove the oil.

got it Huge. this is not my problem, just the concern of the boot being non-functional.