2006 450f opinions. ?

Thinking of buying an 06. They seem like a good bike but was there something specific to the 06 I should know? Thanks all

Great bikes. Pilot jet gets clogged time to time from sitting or trash and the weep hole will leak when the water pump needs new seals and a bearing(20 bucks). 08 tripple clamps are a great upgrade for cornering. Besides that I've been told over and over the 06 and 07 are the better years

I love my 2006 CRF450R. I have 96 hrs tallied and she runs like a champ. Did a valve clearance check at 89 hrs and all was fine. I'm in the process of refreshing everything. I'll take photos once my forks/shock arrive.

What is different about the 08 triple clamps. I ask because I just picked up an 06. Just trying to learn all I can here

What is different about the 08 triple clamps. I ask because I just picked up an 06. Just trying to learn all I can here

I got a 06 too. The 08 has a 22 degree angle where the 06 is like a 18 degree or somethin like that. They'll stick in corners a lot better where the factory ones along with the factory 06 tire will wash out real bad(slide out). They put this big of a angle on the 08's to try and compensate for them messing the angle up on the neck on the frames which works out for us with a 06, cheap factory parts. I got a set off of eBay for 140 a few weeks ago after searching in there for a few months. Their out there, goodluck Edited by Diggla117

I got a 06 too. The 08 has a 22 degree angle where the 06 is like a 18 degree or somethin like that. They'll stick in corners a lot better where the factory ones along with the factory 06 tire will wash out real bad(slide out). They put this big of a angle on the 08's to try and compensate for them messing the angle up on the neck on the frames which works out for us with a 06, cheap factory parts. I got a set off of eBay for 140 a few weeks ago after searching in there for a few months. Their out there, goodluck

Did you notice a big difference with the 08 clamps? I too have an 06 and wanted to hear first hand that it's a big improvement in Corning . I have had this bike for several years and it's been a great bike. Make sure to change oil regularly and clean your air filter.

Did you notice a big difference with the 08 clamps? I too have an 06 and wanted to hear first hand that it's a big improvement in Corning . I have had this bike for several years and it's been a great bike. Make sure to change oil regularly and clean your air filter.

Of course! Every four tanks of gas I change mine oil and every time I take her out I change the air... Guy showed me a little secret spraying a glob of liquid wrench by the air holes in the air box that when the dirt comes through is sticks to that and keeps your filter clean lot longer... Just a little tip! But Actually I'm in the middle of a complete rebuild/upgrade with it. It'll be another few weeks till I get the head back from fastheads and I should have my forks back from factory connection the later part of next week. But when I get them back I'll be sure to let ya know. Between the forks, clamps and new 51 tire on the front I'm gonna be hella disappointed if I don't notice a difference..that is if can keep the front touching the ground of course

Had an 06 & it was a solid reliable bike but felt heavy & didn't turn well.   Tried the 22mm triple clamps & it was a slight improvement over the oem 24mm ones.   If your going to swap the triple clamps I'd recommend going with the 20mm ones instead.   A better front tire with the right air pressure for conditions will also help.

I finally got my Axis suspension bolted up to my CRF450R. I love how it rides. So much better and forgiving. Now if I can start clearing the big jumps!

Oct.26.JPG