Sign in to follow this  

Washington One Industries Mips Helmet

Seems unrelated to the first link, other than that they are the same brand.  Also, the one you linked costs $80 more than the same model without the "limited edition" colors...

The Helmet picture posted by Slackin is a Raven Model without MIPS.

Only two colors in the MIPS 2014 lineup and they are $400 MSRP.

http://oneindustries.com/moto/helmets

Might have to check these helmets out -they are pretty light weight.....

Um, no. I sure don't see that with the links I am clicking on.

That is not the same helmet that the OP posted.

Um, no. I sure don't see that with the links I am clicking on. 

Here is the same helmet you posted, in a different color (last year's, I don't see non-limited-edition yet for 2014).  The one that the OP posted is a completely different helmet.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/45/67/202/713/-/37825/One-Industries-Gamma-Crypto-Helmet-2013

The Helmet picture posted by Slackin is a Raven Model without MIPS.

Only two colors in the MIPS 2014 lineup and they are $400 MSRP.

http://oneindustries.com/moto/helmets

Might have to check these helmets out -they are pretty light weight.....

Why does the Rocky Mtn description say MIPS?   I think I linked a pic of a non-MIPS model, but the RM link clearly says MIPS?  Misprint maybe?

Why does the Rocky Mtn description say MIPS?   I think I linked a pic of a non-MIPS model, but the RM link clearly says MIPS?  Misprint maybe?

The RMC description does say it is a MIPS helmet -I missed that the first look!...http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/-/440/713/-/43686/One-Industries-Gamma-Raven-Helmet-2014

At that price it is a deal....

• ONE is proud to launch the Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) into the powersports market. This is a revolutionary technology, ensuring that a helmet with MIPS provides much better protection than any other helmet on the market. The secret behind MIPS unique patent comes from the human brain, which is surrounded by its own low-friction cushion of cerebrospinal fluid. MIPS imitates the brain's way of protecting itself by giving the helmet its own low-friction layer between the EPS and the comfort liner, to absorb much of the energy created by an obliwue blow to the head. In reality when you fall, your head most often hits the ground at an angle, creating a rotation in the brain, which in turn can cause major damage. With MIPS, the helmet absorbs much of that damaging rotational energy, offering you radically better protection. The combination of the brain's own protection and MIPS therefore ensures maximum protection.
  • Engineered shell for optimal strength to weight ratio.
  • Superior impact protection with progressive engery absorbing dual density inserts.
  • Increased cooling from flow-through ventilation.
  • Easily cleaned removable inner liner and cheek pads.
  • Plush comfort with moisture management liner.
  • Large peripheral visibility.
  • Great goggle fitment.
  • For proper fit and size measure the circumference of your head 1" above your eyebrows and around the largest portion of the back of your head.

21 3/8" - 22" ----------Small

22 1/8" - 22 7/8" ------Medium

23 1/8" - 23 3/4" ------Large

24" - 24 1/2" ------X-Large

24 5/8" - 25 1/2"-------XX-Large

The RMC description does say it is a MIPS helmet -I missed that the first look!...http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/-/440/713/-/43686/One-Industries-Gamma-Raven-Helmet-2014

At that price it is a deal....

I was lookin on Ebay and saw the same Helmet from some outfit in the UK for $240

I don't buy helmets online unless I know exactly what I'm ordering...hopefully it will show up in a local shop soon.  I think this technology has merit.

Edited by Slackkinhard

Here is what they said;

Kaden: Welcome to Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. How may I assist you?
you: I'm looking at this helmet; One Industries Gamma Raven Helmet 2014. Your description says that it a "MIPS" helmet, is it possible that you can confirm that it is ACTUALLY a MIPS helmet please. ONE IND. does not list all their Helmets as MIPS,
Kaden: Yes one moment please
Kaden: Yes it is. One Industries provided that product description directly to us.
you: OK thank you.

So great price for a great helmet. I researched MIPS and the idea is similar to 6D, although not the SAME. and less than half the price, I will be adding these helmets to my stable!

• Like 1

Everywhere else they have that helmet for $275 it shows the non-MIPS version and description.  I think RMATV has it wrong, no matter what the person on the chat said (and they really didn't confirm anything other than where they got the description....)

Everywhere else they have that helmet for $275 it shows the non-MIPS version and description. I think RMATV has it wrong, no matter what the person on the chat said (and they really didn't confirm anything other than where they got the description....)

I am sure rm would return it If they sent an item that doesn't match product description. Both Motosport and rm accept returns very easily.

Does MIPS have any testing like the 6D does?  It seems like this IS leading edge safety tech but it does need to have some proof of performance ... I'm looking for a new, lighter helmet and was swallowing to get a 6D ... now this looks like a better value.