Sign in to follow this  

MONTESSA manual needed

Have a Capra 360 VB here that has tranny troubles. I rebuilt both the top, and bottom ends of the motor, and assembled the transmission correctly....according to the parts diagram I have here, which I found online. That diagram is from the owners manual for that bike. It's not very good. Can someone hook me up, or point me to an actual manual, so I can figure out what is going on

That is where all the new parts came from. He is the one who supplied my with the diagram of the tranny. It's from the original owners manual, and it doesn't help much. He says theres no manual available for these bikes.

That is where all the new parts came from. He is the one who supplied my with the diagram of the tranny. It's from the original owners manual, and it doesn't help much. He says theres no manual available for these bikes.

What kind of tranny troubles are you having ?  

RB

Does not seem like gears are aligning properly. 1st, and N are good, but the rest seem to be hit,or miss.They either go into gear, or hit a false neutral, and the shifter binds

a proper manual would confirm that. I'm not going to just throw parts at it , and hope they fix it. I'm damned sick and tired of splitting these cases

a proper manual would confirm that. I'm not going to just throw parts at it , and hope they fix it. I'm damned sick and tired of splitting these cases

Understood. And I'm not trying to be a armchair expert, just another Montesa fan trying to help out.

I had a '76 VA 360 (which I busted the cases and installed new ones, I remember the job being pretty straight forward. That's why I'm thinking you can do tis with just the parts diagram) . I also had a '77 VB 360 and still have a VF 414 that I bought new in '81. Fortunately I've never had to split the cases on either of those.

The son of a friend of mine is an old bike mechanic in the Fingal-London area, down towards Detroit - Windsor. He's also a former motocrosser  I bet he'd be a good one to help you fix your problem, assuming you feel you've run out of options.

If you're interested in talking to him, I'll get his phone # for you.

RB